Precious Metal????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precious Metal????

I had not read on why the plane is not there.... Whats the word?
    CFI/CFII/MEI
    www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
    www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Re: Precious Metal????

Originally posted by Inverted
    I had not read on why the plane is not there.... Whats the word?
    After some severe controversy last year, the owner/pilot was 'uninvited' from the event, and asked to leave.

Understandably, the owner/pilot's attitude after getting jerked around and given three different 'reasons' over the course of two days as to 'why', decided that he was done racing and has retired. The airplane is in storage in Florida, and last I heard was for sale.

Jim

Comment

If true, that is very sad news.
      No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
      http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

WOW!

I had not heard about any of this. Any more details to this story?
        CFI/CFII/MEI
        www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com

Comment

AFAIK nothing else was ever made public. It's a damn shame and a loss for the sport, regardless.
          _________
          -Matt
          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Man I loved that airplane......
            CFI/CFII/MEI
            www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com

Comment

I heard the motor on PM is 30% larger/more weight than a stock motor. Does that sound correct?

And what % increase is the horsepower?

Precious Metal is like an airplane with a Blown and Injected Alcohol fueled motor as compared to the others. It's one amazing piece of machinery.

The sponsor should be a Cuisinart kitchen machine. The machine that can slice cucumbers, carrots...in very thin uniform slices and very quickly.

Is there a lot of polictics and discriminating bureaucracy in regards to who is invited/allowed to race or is it fair and uniform/everyone treated equally?

Here's a photo link for refreshing the memory http://www.enginehistory.org/TM/V5N4...0No38-1588.jpg
              Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-10-2008, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Well I am sure its pretty political. I dont know his racing ethics but My instructor has flown in the races a few times and has noted a few key pilots that are not as welcomed as others. Not sure if Precious Metals pilot is one of them or if thats even a reason. I think the majority rules as well they give advice to RARA on happenings that they dont already know about.
                CFI/CFII/MEI
                www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com

Comment

I was on sean Carrolls Team...Russian Roulette Race # 104 from 2002 to 2004 and I got to meet Ron, And Ill tell ya that guy was a class act, he was such a great guy and for him to say, IM DONE, wow, thats crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim
                    After some severe controversy last year, the owner/pilot was 'uninvited' from the event, and asked to leave.

Understandably, the owner/pilot's attitude after getting jerked around and given three different 'reasons' over the course of two days as to 'why', decided that he was done racing and has retired. The airplane is in storage in Florida, and last I heard was for sale.

Jim
                    The above statement is as deep as we will get into this subject please. Any deeper and I will edit/remove this thread.

Thank you

Last year durring the races Ron made his retirement anouncment so he can spend more time with his family, and at the same time anounced that PM is for sale.

That is the official word on record. Nothing ells.

Wolfee

Comment

Well pardon me for asking. If thats the official reason why the warning to Big_Jim? Im not trying to stir crap up I am just curious.
                      CFI/CFII/MEI
                      www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com

Comment

What are you hiding Wolfee? Is there fault in discussing truth? Are you being discriminating or bludgening?

Comment

Why all the secrecy and cover ups here? If there's stories to be told, let them be told.
                          "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

I know I will get the answer this weekend during the downtown drinking-bs sessions...I won´t post it here as requested. Never heard this stuff either. Thanks for posting.

John

Comment

Once Again "Beyond The Will Of God & The Grace Of The King"...

"Any deeper and I will edit/remove this thread"?

Quite Frankly I'm SICK & Tired Of This Type OF BS...

Go Ahead PULL It...

As I've Most Probably BANNED Myself...
                              …¶Sniper~ Czech Ma†e

Comment

Working...
                              X