I give up, is Reno on for '12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I give up, is Reno on for '12?

I give up, I'm still not sure if Reno will happen this year or not. After the accident, my guess was it was over. I love air racing as much as anybody, but the very small group of high net worth folks who race must have taken a second look at the sport even if the sponsors hold the race in 2012. I haven't heard much (anything) from them if they will race even if the races happen this September. Is there anyone out there who is connected to any of the airplanes that has any insight on who will be there this September if the races are held?
    If we do have a race this year I will be there, and for the first time bring my young family. If there is a race to see, I'll be sure they don't miss it.

Re: I give up, is Reno on for '12?

I am wondering the same....who's going to show up? Anyone with the kind of resources necessary to race unlimited will certainly reconsider the liability issues associated with the event. I want to see it happen but I'm still not a believer.

Comment

Umm guys please do a little research before asking questions. If you looked at the site first, there is a countdown clock, ticket sales, and a list of the performers thus far. With an F-18 and F-22 demo CONFIRMED I assume so. If you guys still don't have tickets then idk what to tell you. PRS is already scheduled as well so if you have looked through some of the other recent posts. I see what you guys mean though by "racing" specifically and not just the Reno Air Show.
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

YES! It's on! We'll be there. Buy your tickets, make your reservations, show your support!

Comment

It really is going to happen, pick up the phone, or the mouse, navigate to your favorite hotel reservation website, book your rooms for the 2012 National Championship Air Races, held, only, in Reno, NV, USA, since 1964! Remember your early ticket sales will help ensure that the races will continue in the years to come!

Come to RENO National Championship Air Races 2012, Celebrate the science, machines and men that saved freedom.
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Rare Bear will be there for sure along with Rod's Tiger Cat and 232. Don't be surprised if you see Stew's Spirit of Texas too.

Hope this helps? Get your tickets, sit back and watch Rare Bear dominate:-)

Scott
            Rare Bear crew

Comment

on facebook the strega people stated their intentions to be there, with race engine...and czechmate!
              Todd Smith

Comment

ill be there with 3 planes unless i can find morewho has a saddle they need filled

Comment

Section 3 will be full - bring ear plugs - we'll be really loud this year.

Comment

How does one become part of Section 3?
                    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Just show up and have a seat, they sell orange shirts there.

Just remember "What happens in Section 3 usually doesn't stay there"

Comment

What happens in section 3 is usually heard in the neighboring counties!
                        If it offends you, your just too d*mn sensative.
                        I wear my shirt proudly.
                        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Its a battle to get the women to keep their shirts on, but come up anyway...this year, we may loose the battle!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
                            Its a battle to get the women to keep their shirts on, but come up anyway...this year, we may loose the battle!
                            Oh let's hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Sailing South View Post
                              Rare Bear will be there for sure along with Rod's Tiger Cat and 232. Don't be surprised if you see Stew's Spirit of Texas too.

Hope this helps? Get your tickets, sit back and watch Rare Bear dominate:-)

Scott
                              Rare Bear crew
                              Watch Rare Bear dominate? Is Strega missing its engine?

Comment

Working...
                              X