Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: True potential of the Ghost?

Default True potential of the Ghost?

Like everyone else here, I'm in shock still from Friday's event (saw it all from 150-200' east of the accident site). Aside from the human tragedy that is well discussed already, one of the things that I'm really upset about though(call me calloused, jaded, etc.), is that we'll never know the true potential of GG.

I watched it easily win all of it's races last year, and spent all year looking forward to seeing what it was capable of this year. So does anyone have any insight into what may have been? She was one slick looking bird, that's for sure, and had no problem showing the Bear a steam trail in the last race

Default Re: True potential of the Ghost?

When Jimmy dropped the hammer and passed the Bear, it sure was honkin and a few more laps might have answered alot of people's questions about what "cards" were still in Jim's "poker hand" speed wise/potential.

Just sayin....

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by 1:1 Scale View Post
    Like everyone else here, I'm in shock still from Friday's event (saw it all from 150-200' east of the accident site). Aside from the human tragedy that is well discussed already, one of the things that I'm really upset about though(call me calloused, jaded, etc.), is that we'll never know the true potential of GG.

I watched it easily win all of it's races last year, and spent all year looking forward to seeing what it was capable of this year. So does anyone have any insight into what may have been? She was one slick looking bird, that's for sure, and had no problem showing the Bear a steam trail in the last race

Albeit a sick bear.

Oh, it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcatter View Post
    Albeit a sick bear.
    What was wrong with the Bear? I heard that Jimmy throttled back a bit before the pass so as not to hurt the Bear's feelings

What was wrong with the Bear? I heard that Jimmy throttled back a bit before the pass so as not to hurt the Bear's feelings
    Howdy. I am offended. I don't think that's funny, friend.
    Hank

I for one am not offended and need a laugh. Although I have never meet the man, I would like to think that Jimmy wouldn't want us to constantly morn his death but to celebrate his life.

On a unrelated note, mgbf4u I see you are in Hurst. Are you by chance a Brahmas fan? I'm a longtime Mudbugs fan and have watched many a game at NYTEX. Its been one bad year, first I lost my hockey team then this.

Thanks, I needed the chuckle. I wonder what quick comeback Jimmy would've had to that.
    Last edited by sandramore; 09-19-2011 at 06:21 PM.

I watched one of the videos shot from the fence line and it sounded like someone clocked Jimmy at 497 on the 2nd lap. I don't care who you are or what you are flying, speed like that makes a statement. I don't know if he was officially clocked at that speed, but if true, Strega and Voodoo weren't going to just run away from him. If a 497 mph lap isn't showing all his cards, that plane was a contender no doubt about it.

Will

Sorry if other's don't agree but this was just about the best thing I've read over the past few days....

I spoke with one of the bear crew right after this all happened and damned if I can remember the exact quote but it was something like Jimmy died fulling his last wish... he passed the bear.

I know Jimmy was absolutely THRILLED when he saw the opportunity to move ahead and took it.. THAT is how he'd want to be remembered! That is how I'm going to try to remember him.
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"