Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ROLLS-ROYCE CRECY

Default Re: ROLLS-ROYCE CRECY

Quote Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
    You mean like this house-size monster? (2-story house, that is...)

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/ <--click here to see it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Most Powerful Diesel Engine in the World!

"[i]The Wartsila-Sulzer RTA96-C turbocharged two-stroke diesel engine is the most powerful and most efficient prime-mover in the world today. "
    That is a finnish engine...Wartsila makes those Caribbean Cruise liners a lot.

Crecy was half way.

This is next part

http://www.new4stroke.com

Regards Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Juke View Post
    That is a finnish engine...Wartsila makes those Caribbean Cruise liners a lot.
    And so the engine can be replaced Crecy its second half and the engine of the Caribean lines?

Are You know engine named Twin Feliks ?

So 10 (40) "cylindrical" engine half rotate about the same working capacity in comparing to the Sulzer 10 engine cylindrical on the picture below .

Sulzer: 10 Cylinders 20 m long , 15 m hight , 1500 Ton weight

Half rotate star : 10(40) "Cylinders" 4,5 m diameter , 4,5 m long
    about 70 ton weight.

And most importantly.. Since in the engine half rotate mass innertia are several times Sulzer smaller than in the engine, engine half rotate can work with the much greater rotation speed.
    Sulzer : 102 RPM 60 000 KW

Half rotate 250 RPM 150 000 KW

In same intake work volume .

Regards Andrew

Andrew I am not sure what you are after, but the axial vector engine is the most efficient in size / output.

Do a google search.

Many Caribbean Cruise liners are made in Finland ( Oasis of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas etc ) but most are labelled STX yard ships of South-Korea.
    Last edited by First time Juke; 07-29-2010 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juke View Post
    Andrew I am not sure what you are after, but the axial vector engine is the most efficient in size / output.

Do a google search.

Many Caribbean Cruise liners are made in Finland ( Oasis of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas etc ) but most are labelled STX yard ships of South-Korea.
    If You not shure , put in Google Andrew Feliks

I am confident that my design of the valves is lighter than traditional.

Diameter popped 75 mm , diameter piston 76.5 mm

Weight popped 75 mm 1000 G
    weight piston & rod 76.5 mm 850 G
    weight popped 62 mm 400 G
    weight piston & rod 62 mm 370 G

But the window of the flight of the valve of 75 mm is only 64 mm, what is very similar to the window of the flight piston 62 mm .

That is it results from it that the valve of 75 mm is giving the same flight as the piston 62 mm that is 1000 G to 370 G !!!!!

==~~ 2.5 more weight popped to piston& rod !!

It only looks impossibly. but this way is.

In principle ,for them greater popped/piston diameter, it is this difference in weight will be to the benefit of pistons.

Regards Andrew
    Last edited by Feliks; 07-30-2010 at 01:38 AM.

Andrew Feliks !

Isn't that engine of yours quite complicated and difficult to cool down in an aeroplane like Dart where E.Ahlstrom originally dreamed this Crecy in to propel a pusher fan like mr.Lear did some 35 year ago ( Learfan 2100 ).

I saw your site...the new cellphone without rechargeable traditional batteries looks cool. I applied a patent also for such a thing in 2003...no one here was interested back then. Also your ideas to close the oil spill in the Caribbean seemed interesting.

I think there is a much simpler engine with mucho hp:s and twinengine reliability doable for a contraprop pusherfan..much like the Mixmaster in 1948...unlike the looks of it..a real speedster...maybe the p-75 Fisher Eagle could give some interesting glues to go forward. One thing is certain..it takes a lot of money to develop a plane and engine to go 560-600 mph with a piston engine reliably ( and extremely economically ) and carry 10-16 passengers...and still go to airport if the other engine quits ( isn't this that partially ended Learfan project...FAI did not allow it to operate with just one prop and two engines ).

Later,

Juke

Beautiful simple new 4 stroke kinematics animation made at the
    King Soud University.

And a little faster

Regards Andrew

Well, who would have thought that Newcomen was so close to an adequate solution :blink:

Regards Andrew

I also very close to the Technology

Regards Andrew

Most of those alternative engines look good in photo's, but in actuality most all of them would suffer from heat loss, through all the extra area.
    Its a surface area to volume deal, and that is where the huge marine and stationary Diesel engines shine. One of the reasons they are so effcient.
    Also with the alternative engine designs, the cost and complication of the parts manufacture, is a huge point against them. Just look at the complexity of the Wankel type engine as far as the rotor and sealing goes.