Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Nellis 2004 Pictures Link

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Redding, California
    Posts
    460

    Thumbs up Nellis 2004 Pictures Link

    I found this link in a political forum (of all places)...really nice pics. If anybody knows Richard Seaman, does he sell prints?

    http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircra...04/Highlights/

    Don

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Nellis 2004 Pictures Link

    Don-
    Awesome shots, (I think he's done this work before), thanks for the link.

    Great F-22 and Precious Metal shot.

    Poke around alittle, he has some interesting stuff. On the "Aircraft & Military Museum Wallpaper" page, he has a "conditions of use" clause and E-mail address.

    Paul

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    8,335

    Default Re: Nellis 2004 Pictures Link

    I've seen his stuff, he may well be the best ground to air shooter I've ever seen....

    We must band together and break his arms.. maybe his legs too.. whatddya say fellow shooters.. we gonna let this guy go on!!




    OK OK OK.... just kidding!!!!!!!!



    He is really good, I'd like to know what he's using and HOW in heck he does it! Shots of that calibur are not just equipment alone, it's more in his techinque... he's got to be a steady as a rock and have the best eye possible for focus... on my monitor, they appear a bit overexposed (too light) but I'd bet it's just a processing (for the net) glitch and not the orignal exposure level. He's good! (damnit! )


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,019

    Default Re: Nellis 2004 Pictures Link

    Hey I think this guy shoots some pretty good stuff too!

    http://www.pbase.com/wjpearce/nellis

  5. #5

    Default Re: Nellis 2004 Pictures Link

    Quote Originally Posted by Marauder61
    Hey I think this guy shoots some pretty good stuff too!

    http://www.pbase.com/wjpearce/nellis
    Hey, that jerk stole my.... wait a sec. Oh!

    So many more to do, so little time.

    Thanks Victor!

    Bill Pearce

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    8,335

    Default Re: Nellis 2004 Pictures Link

    Quote Originally Posted by W J Pearce
    Hey, that jerk stole my.... wait a sec. Oh!

    So many more to do, so little time.

    Thanks Victor!

    Bill Pearce
    LOL Bill.. hope you didn't feel slighted by my comments about his stuff, as good as you are, and you are good, this guy's unbelievable!

    And I don't say that to take anything away from anyone, it's just astoundingly good..

    BTW... I *think* he shoots with a Canon 1ds that big ol' 12mp unit... not sure though.. it could be film.. darn clean whatever it is!

    His is the level of clarity that I have sought since the first time I pressed a shutter... it escapes me and probably always will.. Oh well...


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,019

    Default Re: Nellis 2004 Pictures Link

    Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar
    LOL Bill.. hope you didn't feel slighted by my comments about his stuff, as good as you are, and you are good, this guy's unbelievable!

    And I don't say that to take anything away from anyone, it's just astoundingly good..

    BTW... I *think* he shoots with a Canon 1ds that big ol' 12mp unit... not sure though.. it could be film.. darn clean whatever it is!

    His is the level of clarity that I have sought since the first time I pressed a shutter... it escapes me and probably always will.. Oh well...

    Hey Mav you got that number to that truck driving school, truckmaster I think it is. I think I might just need that......NOT

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    8,335

    Default Re: Nellis 2004 Pictures Link

    Quote Originally Posted by Marauder61
    Hey Mav you got that number to that truck driving school, truckmaster I think it is. I think I might just need that......NOT
    errr... you guys are not thinkin' I'm slighting *any* of you are you???????

    You're all shooting better than I am, that's for sure but I've been pretty amazed at this guys shots.. they are so darn close in (magnification) and clear at the same time, I've just never been able to accomplish that...

    I truly am a bit dense these days... (damn 8 weeks worth of zapps to the brain stem ) but I do hope I am not dinging you guys by complimenting this one....

    I'm the one that might well need that truckmaster thingie!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Nellis 2004 Pictures Link

    Wayne-

    HE'S USING THE DISPOSABLES...

    Go to his site index & click on "photography" in the banner, he explains his camera choices over the years. Switched from Pentax's to Canon10D-digital. (Really is an interesting site).

    Go by the old adage, if you can't beat him, hire him....
    If not, I'll bring the Wiffle Ball bat, and we can work him over....

    It's like going to a gallery and trying to decide which artist is better.
    Wayne, Victor, Bill and the rest, you guy's are ALL AWESOME..
    Thanks for helping capture our collective passion.
    I'm getting misty now.

    Paul

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    253

    Default Re: Nellis 2004 Pictures Link

    Break both of their right index fingers. That's the punishment for making the rest of us look like hacks.

    Both have some great pics but I think Bill's gallery tells the story of the event a bit better from a pictoral perspective.

    Rick

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •