Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nellis AFB - Las Vegas Air Show Aviation Nation Photos

Default Re: Nellis AFB - Las Vegas Air Show Aviation Nation Photos

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon
    Too bad 'out in front' and 'fastest' don't always equate to 'winner', eh?

Woulda, shoulda, coulda. A win is a win, no matter how you slice it. So is a loss.

Besides, maybe Skip is just getting rusty on his formation flying, and feels more comfortable being lead...not quite up to speed on flying in close to another airplane as wingman. Air Force pilot...don't you know.
    Winning?? . . . . .who said anything about winning. THAT can be manufactured with the stroke of a pen or race start time. AND, its a judgement call at best. Fastest and best are never a judgment call.

Skip, on the otherhand, flies in his sleep better than most on their best day. Try 460's while your wiping the water off the windscreen sometime in sideways formation flying, 50 feet of the deck, in rain and snow that'll peel your paint. . . . .
    Last edited by Dago Dog; 11-15-2004 at 02:22 PM.

Here's one from Sunday.

Wayne sorry I missed ya, I was hanging around the Thunder Mustang all weekend. Hope your feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Dog
    Fastest and best are never a judgment call.

How true. Maybe that's why the Bear still holds the time to climb record, the 3km speed record (the one that COUNTS), and 14 major race wins (which, by the way, is double the number of the Red plane). But the title "defending champion" sums it up. Sounds like 'fastest' & 'best' to me.

But hey...that's just my .02. And I'm not knockin' Skip, Kerch, Terry, or anyone on the Dago team. I'm just 'stirrin' the pot' a little...since you brought it up.

OK, let's agree to give the tired old white smoker her due. She was once in the past a fast plane. But, that is now a faded trailer memory. And to keep her feeling good and around for the Sleek Red Beauty to toy with, we let her win once in a while. It's fun watching the bees scramble all over the queen trying to keep her healthy. Picture this:

Bare goes up, tries real hard, qualifies behind Dago . . . .again!
    Bare races during the week , tries really really hard, finishes behind Dago again!
    Bear retires to the cave, gets it's annual mystery needum heap big help to go fast dance, races on Sunday and . . .again finishes behind the big red beauty with flames spitting out her stacks. . . . get the picture?

We love the competition for sure, but is it really ??? I think not. and if there was even a hint of a threat, we'd push it a little past stock military power and . . . . .AGAIN finish in front.. (sigh) so enjoy the spoils we gave you this year BARE fans, cause we needed to keep you around for another year of fun. . .DOH!

I can just see BCIV in the middle of this, going around, getting dizzy....pay the bills....family loyalty....pay the bills....family loyalty.....OH NO, AUNTIE EM, AUNTIE EM, IT'S A TWISTER!!!!

the big red beauty with flames spitting out her stacks. . . . get the picture?

OOOOH, I get it now. They're FLAMES. I thought it was kelp growing down the side of the fuselage. Silly me.

and if there was even a hint of a threat, we'd push it a little past stock military power and . . . . .AGAIN finish in front..
    Puleezze... by all means, push those highly stressed 1650 cubic inches, squeeze that manifold pressure! We love to see the parts fly when one of Dwight's best decorate the desert with artifacts to be found generations later with wonderment!

Oh yea......

Dog... your boss at Bank of America called and said, "GET TO WORK"....

I'm enjoying your Troll act for now, but... everyone knows, dogs can't type, unless they are changing their master's vet appointment for his cat. So, by all means, Dogger, if you are to continue in this vein, which could turn from fun to bloodletting, be forewarned. Reveal thyself before it is too late...

Trash talk is a ton of fun as long as we all remember to maintain within respectful bounds.

I'm neither afraid nor relectant to use my size 11 1/2's to cause exit of noises that disturb my restful bliss..

Now... back to the frey but...remember...

Wayne BoredNazi Sagar

Better than gallons of oil

Kind of funny, whenever I speak with the guys who wear the uniforms that say "Dago Red Crew" on them, they are pretty darn respectful of the Rare Bear crew, pilot, airplane and owner. Once in a while, we someone who talketh the trash with a bit of a sharper edge than most people really enjoy....

So again my cannine friend... who knows that Concorde is not always spelled with an "E" on the end... just to whom do we owe the honor of this entertaining spree?

Deeper toolboxes or deeper pockets, seeing eye dogs, dago dogs or junkyard dogs, however you want to look at it, a cut is a cut and should not be one so deep as to draw the blood of thy enemy unless it on the battlefield of speed...

So with respect due for those in red and those in black and gold..

May we have a great race in '05!

Still in Vegas, about to go lose some wages..

Wayne

Now there is a LOT to be said about the properties of the externally lubricated powerplant on the ol' Oilcat.

And at least you can wipe the oil off the side after the race is over. No matter how hard you scrub on that kelp, it just won't come off....