Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rare Bear Status Report: In Vegas Buttoned Up and Ready!

Default Re: Rare Bear Status Report: In Vegas Buttoned Up and Ready!

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon
    Too bad you couldn't change "Skindog" to "Book'em".
    LOL!!!! I wonder if some of the people here are too young to know what show you're talking about Speed??

-w

Matt, Mike, I don't have contact info for Ron anymore, when you guys see him, if it is too nasty for him to launch on Thursday, wx looks good on both ends for Friday. Last year, they were going to allow John Penney to come in late due to the wx, I'm pretty sure, if Ron can get briefed via phone, like they did last year with John before he had the fuel pressure problem, Ron would have a window to come in on Friday. If he launched early enough, he doubtless could get in before practice started.

Mike, you have my phone number, my land line will forward over to my cell, have Ron call me if he can't get hold of anyone with official authority and I'll see what I can do. I'll be right there on the ramp with Col. Hertberg in visual contact most of the time. The "airboss" is a really great guy and will usually do anything within reason to get the guys in. From what it looks like now, and the forecast changes every time I look at it, it's supposed to be crap on Thurs and prtly cloudy on Friday.

Wayne

So Brother Goss calls me this afternoon, tells me it's a-rainin' in sunny California, and says it's not lookin' too good at the moment to get Warlock over the hills to Sin City.

Anybody know how to do an anti-rain-dance?

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon
    So Brother Goss calls me this afternoon, tells me it's a-rainin' in sunny California, and says it's not lookin' too good at the moment to get Warlock over the hills to Sin City.

Anybody know how to do an anti-rain-dance?
    Grrrr... whoever decided that November was a good month to have an airshow.. (I didn't say that) seriously though.. last year and this year, we have had weather problems. I have friends in Vegas and it was great last week and is scheduled to be great next week also.. who knew!

Speed, I can't find Randy's phone number, email me with it or tell him to contact me. We can probably get him in as late as Saturday AM (early) or maybe even later (remembering when Capt. Eddy came in last year with the fly)

One of us down there would just have to talk with the air boss to set it up. It would involve a phone call between "Lips" (airboss) and the pilot of the airplane for a briefing by phone. This is how it went last year, I'm assuming that Lips will be able to do same same this time round.

I'm not there yet, so would not be able to coordindate anything till after probably 4:00pm tomorrow. Randy knows Jim Pera's phone number, he should be able to call Jim and get same or faster results from him. He is already there and available. Scheduled arrival day is actually tomorrow.. what's wx look like down there for then and or Friday??????

Wayne

Wayne,

I am headed to Bakersfield tonight- and we are still planning a Thursday morning departure.

Damn the rain- its airshow time!

See ya in the morning (I hope!) All the best, RG