Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Guys...Be Very Very Careful! See Below...

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    Posts
    2,767

    Default Re: Guys...Be Very Very Careful! See Below...

    They are called "Pest Reject" and she got them on Amazon. The other thing I do is place a couple broken bars of Irish Spring soap in my shed and RV. Smells good and seems to help, plus a light and timer in the RV to keep moisture down, that seems to be a deterrent also.
    I got rid of the squirrels with D-con, by accident. I had them all over the yard and they were undermining retaining walls and digging under pool equipment, etc. I store a few things in my shed that I really don't want damaged so I placed a block in there. Wife was on vacation for 3 weeks and had the dogs so I chanced it. Every day I put a new block in there and glued it to the floor. About a week later, no squirrels and they have not returned.
    All we have left is bunnies and lots of quail. And lately the occasional coyote coming to drink from the pool.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: Guys...Be Very Very Careful! See Below...

    Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Owen, I'm going to do some research! Both knees MUCH better late last night (I am a total knight owl) and this am!! I set up a LOUD music thing in the garage, violin music from Pandora streaming from my phone to a little Bose speaker, amazing the quality and volume that comes out of that sucker!!

    Anyway, put it in last night while the bats w4re out doing their bat thing, checked surfaces where I was seeing pee and poop and no new as of now today..... I spoke with the original owner of the property (he built the place) and he never saw a bat, either in the garage or flying around, I see them every night at twilight... tons of them flying, and three times flying IN the garage!! And these are not little bitty bats! These are flying frickin squirrels!

    Back to the injection, is that the stuff that actually forms a cushion in the joint, rather than just reducing inflammation like Steroids do??
    Yes. Synvisc One supports the synovial fluid that has broken down as a result of osteoarthritis and injuries. Not sure what your underlying issue is but I can say it does offer relief for me.
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    8,335

    Default Re: Guys...Be Very Very Careful! See Below...

    Quote Originally Posted by Air Boss View Post
    Yes. Synvisc One supports the synovial fluid that has broken down as a result of osteoarthritis and injuries. Not sure what your underlying issue is but I can say it does offer relief for me.
    Underlying condition is simply worn out knees. I had a VERY active career as a "warehouse manager" a glorified term for the guy at the end of the totem pole who is responsible for EVERYTHING that happens outside the office. Unfortunately, the job paid too well to gripe too much about being overworked, but I was, and I now suffer the results. I actually boogered the left knee at work trying to lift an impossibly heavy piece of machinery on a truck that I had to free and bring it into the warehouse... I was in a hurry, indestructible and positioned my knee at an odd angle to protect my back, pulled REALLY hard and if felt like a huge hot electric poker went into the inside of my left knee... I'd made a really big tear in my meniscus and it only got worse after the trimmed out the torn part.

    Both knees now bone on bone....

    Linda (BeerNazi) told me she has a friend who got this stuff, she got it out of Canada.. WTF? Why can't we get it here at a reasonable price??
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    Posts
    2,438

    Default Re: Guys...Be Very Very Careful! See Below...

    Oh man, we had girls in mini skirts back in the late 60s in high school. But, golly miss Molly, what the girls wear today

    Glad we have face coverings now, no one can see my smile

    By-the-way Owen, this ad showed up when I opened this thread, good stuff.

    Wayne may actually benefit with clicks from us old guys.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	product-image-1164844086_1000x.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	24945

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: Guys...Be Very Very Careful! See Below...

    Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Underlying condition is simply worn out knees. I had a VERY active career as a "warehouse manager" a glorified term for the guy at the end of the totem pole who is responsible for EVERYTHING that happens outside the office. Unfortunately, the job paid too well to gripe too much about being overworked, but I was, and I now suffer the results. I actually boogered the left knee at work trying to lift an impossibly heavy piece of machinery on a truck that I had to free and bring it into the warehouse... I was in a hurry, indestructible and positioned my knee at an odd angle to protect my back, pulled REALLY hard and if felt like a huge hot electric poker went into the inside of my left knee... I'd made a really big tear in my meniscus and it only got worse after the trimmed out the torn part.

    Both knees now bone on bone....

    Linda (BeerNazi) told me she has a friend who got this stuff, she got it out of Canada.. WTF? Why can't we get it here at a reasonable price??
    Yep...used to get it out of Canada but now from UK. Basically the same folks. You can shop around I'm sure. I'm bone on bone in both as well. If you go this route, I hope you get the relief I got or more!
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: Guys...Be Very Very Careful! See Below...

    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdawg View Post
    Oh man, we had girls in mini skirts back in the late 60s in high school. But, golly miss Molly, what the girls wear today

    Glad we have face coverings now, no one can see my smile

    By-the-way Owen, this ad showed up when I opened this thread, good stuff.

    Wayne may actually benefit with clicks from us old guys.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	product-image-1164844086_1000x.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	24945
    Keep on Clickin'!!!!
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fort Mill, SC
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Guys...Be Very Very Careful! See Below...

    Try deleting all the cookies in your browser. That's where that stuff is stored. And delete your cache while you're at it. Poke around in the settings/options/tools area of your browser to find where to delete that stuff. Different browsers put those controls under different names.


    Quote Originally Posted by Air Boss View Post
    So here's the thing...

    The GF's birthday was a couple weeks ago. Among other things she has been shopping around for a certain woman's garment that lifts and separates. You catch my drift...

    So, being the dutiful BF that I am, I shopped around on the internet for gift certificates to places like Soma, Nordstroms, Lively, etc. I mean...WT*** do I know about these kind of things?!

    Anyway, I purchased a $200 gift certificate to Soma for her for her birthday. Smash hit...she's very happy (and...ok...so am I!)

    BUT NOW...all the flippin' banner ads I see on AAFO (and almost every other site I log on to) show nothing but ad's for those "over the shoulder, boulder holders!"

    Guys, be careful what you shop for on the net! It WILL come back to haunt you!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: Guys...Be Very Very Careful! See Below...

    Quote Originally Posted by tedstriker View Post
    Try deleting all the cookies in your browser. That's where that stuff is stored. And delete your cache while you're at it. Poke around in the settings/options/tools area of your browser to find where to delete that stuff. Different browsers put those controls under different names.
    Thanks "Striker"...yeah I generally do that with regularity to keep the browser up to snuff. I was more pointing toward a little "internet/social media humor" as I have WAY too much time on my hands nowadays!

    Good tips and good reminders as always welcome! Stay safe out there.
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •