Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Positive News for 2014?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Spanish Springs, NV The orginal home of the Reno air races 1964
    Posts
    83

    Default Positive News for 2014?

    My Son sent this email to the new marketing company last week.

    Hello, my name is Zachary. I am 14 years old. I have been going to the Air races every year since I was 2 months old.

    I have heard rumors that there will not be racing this year. Do you know if that is true? It would very sad if the races went away.

    Thank you
    __________________________________________________ ________________

    He received this reply today:

    Dear Zachary:

    Thank you for your email last week. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, but I been traveling at length and just now can come up for air.

    The Air Races will indeed take place this year and for many more years to come. In fact we will be making some exciting announcements shortly about the races and the managing organization – the Reno Air Racing Association… so keep an eye out!

    Hope to see you at the races!

    My very best,

    __________________________________________________ ___________________

  2. #2

    Default Re: Positive News for 2014?

    The future of the races have been discussed at great length on here. Personally, I thought the 50th anniversary was less then they were due. All the airshow acts are great...but over the last few years, they seem to have stagnated. Remember that variety is the spice of life, meaning, different acts each year. With the above said. I hope and believe that with new leadership and enthusism a new era for the races are on the horizon.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    Posts
    2,344

    Default Re: Positive News for 2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by supercub View Post
    The future of the races have been discussed at great length on here. Personally, I thought the 50th anniversary was less then they were due. All the airshow acts are great...but over the last few years, they seem to have stagnated. Remember that variety is the spice of life, meaning, different acts each year. With the above said. I hope and believe that with new leadership and enthusism a new era for the races are on the horizon.
    Sure hope so. I still have a feeling they are waiting to see what the insurance premium will be come about March 1?

    The last few years the event has had so much uncertainty and its spring before we finally get a 100% "they are a go". This type of uncertainty surely doesn't help attendance.

    Regardless, the reply was at least a sign there is some life there.

    We'll see.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Richland, WA
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Positive News for 2014?

    I have already signed a contract at Circus Circus for my block of rooms and making my plans.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    8,320

    Default Re: Positive News for 2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShermB View Post
    I have already signed a contract at Circus Circus for my block of rooms and making my plans.
    Boopster!!!! Great to see you back on your feet!!! How you feelin' girl??

    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

  6. #6

    Default Re: Positive News for 2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by nevadasky View Post
    My Son sent this email to the new marketing company last week.

    Hello, my name is Zachary. I ....
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    I am happy to say that after attempting contact with the marketing firm for some time, I managed to speak to the actual person working on the Race account. They were glad to hear that individual teams were working towards better promotion of themselves and the event (as we are at Team Precious Metal...).They assured me that while nothing has been announced to the public, they have actually been hard at work ever since being hired. I was left with a positive feeling for their involvement and the future. The lack of public comment seems to be more of a professional approach to their job, rather than secrecy or any slight towards persons or others. I am looking forward to their announcement.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Richland, WA
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Positive News for 2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Boopster!!!! Great to see you back on your feet!!! How you feelin' girl??

    Feeling great. All 5 of my MD's are happy with my progress.My gal-pals are the greatest support group ever.Walking up a storm and looking forward to cardiac re-hab.Planning for PRS and NCAR. All is right ith my world. Thanks for asking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •