This is Why I Use a Flash :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is Why I Use a Flash :-)

Now that I have all my photos processed, there was a little item I wanted to talk about... which is the question that I was asked many times during race week - "why are you using a flash?".

I know, it's daytime, light is bright enough to not have to use it... you can bring out the shadow areas using photoshop/lightbox - seems like extra stuff you don't really need. OK, I get that, but being old school - I just go with what I know works. I learned back in the day from a photographer whose work I've always admired & have loads of respect for (Brigitta Nurmi) - that in the pits and on the ramp, even in bright light, you always use a flash. I think the results speak for themselves, so I've attached photos that were taken seconds apart from each other, one with flash and the other without (shutter speed was way faster than the flash, so I usually got two pics or more pics before I let go of the shutter, with only the first one having a flash). I did put both flash & non-flash photos through photoshop, even enhanced the shadow areas of the non-flash photos to bring out more detail.

But in the end... I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion I did many years ago - even with the ability to modify your images through photoshop or lightbox - a flash is worth having on your camera anytime you're shooting up-close.

So try it - you'll like it!!!

Mark K....

My flash is always mounted.

Comment

Originally posted by TarDevil View Post
      My flash is always mounted.
      Good man!
      Mark K....

Comment

Wow I just learned something . Well done .

Comment

Working...
        X