Reno 2023: will you be there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 2023: will you be there?

We're days away now so the big question is: which AAFOers will be at Stead for the last dance? I'll be there as media bouncing around to take it all in, so look for this face around the field (I won't post my phone number just because you'll effectively be messaging/calling New Zealand!):
    Self portrait by Zac Yates, on Flickr

I'm hoping to be onsite all week and it would be great to say hi and put faces to names - I've been on this forum so long it's great to finally have the chance to do so, even if it's under sad circumstances.

So: AAFO NCAR 2023 attendee roll call!
    Last edited by ZacYates; 09-07-2023, 01:31 PM. Reason: Photo far too big!!
    Zac in NZ

We’ll be there Friday-Sunday this year and will make sure to keep an eye out for ya!

While it’s sad this chapter is coming to an end, we’re really looking forward to it! We haven’t been this pumped for the races in a long time. Bittersweet to say the least!
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

On the ground in RNO at lunch on Monday and there through the following Monday morning. Plan to soak up every minute I can. Happy to say hello/meet up with anyone along the way. Don't have camping gear so I'll be at the Grand Sierra for the week.

Weather is looking good so far! Here is to a week to remember!

James Grayson

Comment

I'll be there all week starting Sunday afternoon some time. You know how to find me.

Will

Comment

I plan to arrive some time on Thursday to set up camp. I'll be on the grounds Friday-Sunday.

Comment

I have friends with a box seat they have been attending for quite some time. I bought a seat from them before it was announced that Reno was ending. My last trip was 2004 (I think). Will be there Wednesday afternoon through Monday morning. Staying downtown.

Comment

Had major issue with motorhome today (broke a bolt in the extend/retract system pinion on one side of a slider) opened up the panel to speed up the process for the $200. per hour emergency repair guy and saw the missing bolt... managed to stop the visit before he spent any time getting here and couple bucks worth of bolt and nylock nut and we're golden! Took me several hours to get it diagnosed and fixed (myself) sooo... I may be far enough behind with stuff I needed to get done today that I didn't.. trying to get out of Dodge by noonish to make the 6-7 hour trip to K-Falls.. If we don't make the noon deadline which puts us there before sunset (we don't drive at night anymore... both over 70 yr) we will have to put off departure until Saturday AM.. Diesel over 5 bucks right now... gonna take me about 100 gallons to get there... OUCH!!!! Whaddya gonna do
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I have the motorhome all packed and ready to go. All I need to do is connect the tow car and head out.

I'm planning on departing pre-dawn on Sunday morning, arriving at the Optimist lot late Sunday afternoon. A few of us are going to be down there the whole week. My wife and some friends are going to be arriving on Thursday.

I am a bit bummed that neither of my sons will be able to join us this year. They've grown up at the air races, and they wanted to be there with their wives, but they could not get the time off this year. Since it's the last year, they really tried, but it just didn't work out.

Comment

Well Zac - I'm certainly looking forward to meeting you at the races. In fact, since I've been away from the races for 20 years, it's going to be a lot of fun putting all these new names with new faces. You know where I'll be, by the Miss A trailer supporting my team... come by and say hi! I'll be sure to introduce you to the team & Brent. Since you were so kind to let us know who to look for, I guess it's only fair to give you a peek at the old mug so you can recognize me. I'll be at Stead from Sat 9/10 until Mon 9/18... again, looking forward to meeting you & everyone this year - it's gonna be awesome!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	mark_01.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	263628
                  Mark K....

Comment

My son and I will be flying up next Friday for the last Hooray, my first was age 15 with my Dad (freezing weather and high winds) 1970, Thanks to all and hope you have a great time!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1002.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	1,015.6 KB
ID:	263630

Comment

Great to put a face to the name Mark! The Miss A pit was already on my To Do list so I'll keep an eye out for you.
                      Zac in NZ

Comment

will be there Sunday A.M, bright and early. with my daughter. she went last year for her first, me for my 30th.

Comment

I will be there Wednesday through Sunday with my wife, 2 sons and grand daughter. When not roaming with camera, will be in box A76. This will be my 38th, wife's 36th. Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_2023-06-02_161859.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	735.9 KB
ID:	263645

Dennis

Comment

I'll be there Friday-Sunday!

Comment

Sunday, for sure!
                              Would not miss it!

Comment

Working...