Creighton King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creighton King

Since nobody seems to have posted it yet, I just felt it was important to let people here know that our friend Crieghton King lost his life on a test flight of his F-1 RENO-2004 Last Lap Player yesterday. Please keep his family and friends in your thoughts.

May GOD'S PEACE be with his family, and friends. He loved Air Racing as so many of us do, and will be missed by all. GOD Bless you Creighton. God Bless your family at his incredibly tough time.
    Jon and Tricia Sharp.

Comment

The IF1 pit will not be the same without Creighton. I was looking forward to seeing Last Lap Player ripping around the pylons this year. His pit was always welcoming, He loved to fly, and he loved racing. He was always trying to promote the sport and the IF1 class wherever he took LLP. I didn't know him well, but those were the impressions he left from talking to him and seeing him at Reno and Oshkosh. He was a true ambassador for the sport.

May he forever fly fast.

Will

Comment

I am sorry for the loss of Greighton King.

I read elsewhere it actually did get speed advantage for the T-tail assembly.

God Speed mr. Greighton King !
        Last edited by Jukka; 08-27-2023, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I met Creighton as we were preflighting at U42 headed to OSH in 2016. He came up and introduced himself and asked if we were part of a group flight where the planning seemed to have fallen apart. Ended up flying separately, but chatted on the radio, and met up again in Nebraska. Also hung out with him and his dad in their pit at Reno. Just seemed like a knowledgeable, happy guy that loved planes.

One of the youtube commentators is saying he was attempting the impossible turn, but the video evidence doesn't support that. It looks like he was trying to put the plane down on Copper Hills Parkway, which is about a 60 deg. right turn off of 16 at U42. I think Creighton picked the best plan available to him at the time, and just ran out of altitude and airspeed. Not a chance he would try to pull off the impossible turn in a CassuTT. I didn't know Creighton that well, but people with a platform spreading inaccurate information as "fact" in situations like this pisses me off.

Comment

Originally posted by 1:1 Scale View Post
            I met Creighton as we were preflighting at U42 headed to OSH in 2016. He came up and introduced himself and asked if we were part of a group flight where the planning seemed to have fallen apart. Ended up flying separately, but chatted on the radio, and met up again in Nebraska. Also hung out with him and his dad in their pit at Reno. Just seemed like a knowledgeable, happy guy that loved planes.

One of the youtube commentators is saying he was attempting the impossible turn, but the video evidence doesn't support that. It looks like he was trying to put the plane down on Copper Hills Parkway, which is about a 60 deg. right turn off of 16 at U42. I think Creighton picked the best plan available to him at the time, and just ran out of altitude and airspeed. Not a chance he would try to pull off the impossible turn in a CassuTT. I didn't know Creighton that well, but people with a platform spreading inaccurate information as "fact" in situations like this pisses me off.
            I agree with your last statement............that's why that particular youtuber is being sued.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post

I agree with your last statement............that's why that particular youtuber is being sued.
              Save for the the video about this incident, I haven't watched either of the more popular "air accident commentators" in about a year and a half. I know the one from the east coast is/has been sued for defamation in regards to an accident in TX, but is the west coast guy getting sued also? I was commenting based on a video put out by the west coast guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1:1 Scale View Post

Save for the the video about this incident, I haven't watched either of the more popular "air accident commentators" in about a year and a half. I know the one from the east coast is/has been sued for defamation in regards to an accident in TX, but is the west coast guy getting sued also? I was commenting based on a video put out by the west coast guy.
                No, Jaun isn't getting sued.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                  No, Jaun isn't getting sued.
                  It would've been the first I'd heard of it, but I don't follow along that close, either ;-) Maybe I could start a youtube channel and spread my own gossip and theories! :-D

Comment

Working...
                  X