Team Miss A to debut new racer at Reno 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Miss A to debut new racer at Reno 2023

You heard it right - Team Miss America is bringing a second racer to Reno this year! I was lucky enough to be at the Oklahoma Museum of Flying today (8/12/23) where the new racer was being prepped for her 1st photo shoot. The slick little racer was then pushed out on the taxiway next to her big sister, the original Miss America... where I was lucky enough to take part in this epic photoshoot.

Team member Johnny Morrison has the honors of being the creator/owner of this beast, and man-o-man... what a beauty!!!! Sitting next to the original Miss America she looks all the part of a true racer... canopy mods, cut-down cuffed prop, shortened wings & horizontal tail, zero incidence wing mod, thrust angle mod, vertical tail mod... you bet - this little baby has it all. And it doesn't stop there, just look at the custom instrumentation and gauges, rescue button, seat belt, custom paint & graphics. But my personal favorites are 1) that she still retains that ole stick for steering 2) the padded leather seat is pretty cushy :-) and 3) the propellor turns in the correct direction when you're petaling.

On the serious side though, you can tell Johnny put a lot of heart & soul into this thing. The attention to detail is really evident - even using the same paint on his creation as that used on the full-scale racer. There's even a data-tag affixed to the inside left side of the racer proving its authentication as being a custom build by Johnny. It looks completed, but Johnny still has a few more things to do before she's ready for Reno. He's going to add some lines to simulate the elevators, rudder, flaps, & ailerons - as well as add some petals with the NAA logo on them (a nice finishing touch I'd say - and why you only see a bent steel bar right now).

Click image for larger version

Name:	081223_01.jpg
Views:	938
Size:	984.1 KB
ID:	263409

Click image for larger version

Name:	081223_02.jpg
Views:	1024
Size:	860.3 KB
ID:	263415 Click image for larger version

Name:	081223_03.jpg
Views:	1020
Size:	932.7 KB
ID:	263407 Click image for larger version

Name:	081223_04.jpg
Views:	1034
Size:	662.5 KB
ID:	263406 Click image for larger version

Name:	081223_05.jpg
Views:	1107
Size:	388.9 KB
ID:	263405 Click image for larger version

Name:	081223_06.jpg
Views:	1034
Size:	988.0 KB
ID:	263412 Click image for larger version

Name:	081223_07.jpg
Views:	1022
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	263410 Click image for larger version

Name:	081223_08.jpg
Views:	1027
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	263413 Click image for larger version

Name:	081223_09.jpg
Views:	1025
Size:	852.1 KB
ID:	263411 Click image for larger version

Name:	081223_10.jpg
Views:	1025
Size:	774.2 KB
ID:	263414

Rumor has it that although this "Little Miss America" will be completed in time to make Reno 2023, Johnny doesn't intend on bring it back to OKC after the event. I can't say how much he's going to ask for it, but you better be prepared to dig deep. Since this took 1 month to build and 3 months to paint - he's obviously got a lot of time, talent, and soul invested into this project and things like that don't come cheap. After all, it's one of a kind... that's gotta be worth something special don't you think?

BTW: Sorry for the clickbait title - I was feeling a bit onery this morning . But since you made it this far, I might as well let you know that Brent, Greg, & Miss America will be taking the trip to Stead on Friday morning, 8/18/23. Leaving OKC just after sunup, they'll be chasing the sun to their 1st stop in Albuquerque, NM. After refueling, it will be off to Kingman, AZ and then onto Stead airport arriving early that afternoon. I'll be there to capture the moment - and then later again to bring you some news about the flight after arrival.

Until then
    Attached Files
    Mark K....

Awesome post! A little deceptive but I love it none the less!
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

WOW!! Talk about clipped wings!!

Comment

Mark, Johnny and Team - BEAUTIFUL!!! There will be the 'luckiest-kid' in the world somewhere! Go 'lil-Doc!!!

Comment

Really nice work Markers! Getting much closer!!!!!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by mitchcarley View Post
            Mark, Johnny and Team - BEAUTIFUL!!! There will be the 'luckiest-kid' in the world somewhere! Go 'lil-Doc!!!
            Actually, Johnny made one last year to take to Reno - but since the team never made it, Johnny gave the first Lil Miss A to his grandson (the plan all along - and the luckiest kid in the world at that time). This year Johnny went to ask him if he could take his airplane to Reno, to which he replied "no grandpa"... Johnny tried then to explain he was going to get it back, it just be gone for a couple of weeks. "no grandpa". So, looks like Johnny had to build a new racer. Anyway, while he was at it he said he took the lessons from the first one & made this one even better... I think he hit the mark perfectly.
            Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
              Really nice work Markers! Getting much closer!!!!!
              Yes... three weeks and change away.... I've already started packing
              Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post

Yes... three weeks and change away.... I've already started packing
                I've been elbows and arseholes into my motorhome for three months! Clock ticks much faster as we get closer... 6 new tires, 4 new AGM 6v house batteries, new front air bags, shocks... worked on foggy side window (double pane... no way enough time to get done by the time I got to it) oh yea... now the folding step refuses to budge... I'll be at it to the last day I can see that!
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                  I'll be at it to the last day I can see that!
                  I think we all will
                  Mark K....

Comment

Working...
                  X