Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy, that sky sure makes for an incredible background!

Thanks again for the images.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigger Al View Post
      Boy, that sky sure makes for an incredible background!

Thanks again for the images.
      Just wait till you see what I shot yesterday The sky yesterday was even better, and I used a polarizer on the lens that really makes things pop nicely (on camera at least.) I'll try and get a few shots done this evening.

Will

Comment

This guy (race 37) flew out from Massachusetts, did an oil change, then decided to fly down to San Francisco to see the Pacific Ocean, then back to Stead. Following that he flew all the hops for PRS, then packed up and flew home.

Will

Comment

Fantastic shots Will, some really great action in there! Thanks so much for sharing!
          Zac in NZ

Comment

Those are stunning!

Race 37 must be one tough individual.

Don't think I've ever seen a Navion turning the pylons.

Comment

Those are stunning!

That isn't a Navion.

Comment

Those are stunning!

Its much cooler than a Navion, its a Meyers 200D. Flown by Lowell Slatter for the IF1 course introduction flights. It was really cool to see on the pylons.

Will

Comment

Nice. I should know better, but thanks for letting me know the correct make and model. Definitely very cool to see out there.

Comment

The Meyers O-200 reminds me of the Lady's stock plane races years ago. Cool to see it on the pylons.

Comment

I'm working on more pics. Just have a ton of other stuff going on at the same time.

Will

Comment

Better late than never, my PRS 2023 album... https://www.flickr.com/photos/196954...77720312553189

Will

Comment

Really nice pics! What plane did you take the A2A from?

Comment

Originally posted by Plane Nuts View Post
                            Really nice pics! What plane did you take the A2A from?
                            I shot from 3 planes for the A2A. The first was the Epsilon, then I was in Dee Child's Glasair, and the third flight I was with Kevin Eldridge in his very stock Glasair. None of the planes were ideal A2A photo platforms, but I made it work. For the final A2A with Kevin, I actually slipped out of the shoulder harnesses so I could lean forward and shoot through the windshield as we were chasing Andy Findlay through the sky. Shooting A2A while pulling 3.5+G with nothing but a lap belt was a challenge, but so worth doing. That was hands down the most fun I've had in a plane, with a camera.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post

I shot from 3 planes for the A2A. The first was the Epsilon, then I was in Dee Child's Glasair, and the third flight I was with Kevin Eldridge in his very stock Glasair. None of the planes were ideal A2A photo platforms, but I made it work. For the final A2A with Kevin, I actually slipped out of the shoulder harnesses so I could lean forward and shoot through the windshield as we were chasing Andy Findlay through the sky. Shooting A2A while pulling 3.5+G with nothing but a lap belt was a challenge, but so worth doing. That was hands down the most fun I've had in a plane, with a camera.

Will
                              Looks like fun. I am jealous.

Comment

Working...
                              X