Prs 2023 : Who's Going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prs 2023 : Who's Going

I'm going to make this post a sticky... Will, Mark and I will be there! Photos and updates as quick as we can them to you! It looks like we are going to be a sellout this year.. Boxes are already all rented and a lot more!

I think it's important to think of this year as the FIRST year of National Championship Air Racing .. as well as the last year of the event happening in the city where it started.

The interest expressed this year by fans will for sure weigh on those who would continue the sport elsewhere..

Stay tuned, if you will be there post reports in this thread please!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Wayner!!! Awesome thanks for the commitment. Unreal...like a script. God Bless your health, Beer N. and more! Go Will - Go Mark!!! Go Red White and Blue. Thanks for the notice and all that is takes to make that happen. M

Comment

Originally posted by mitchcarley View Post
      Wayner!!! Awesome thanks for the commitment. Unreal...like a script. God Bless your health, Beer N. and more! Go Will - Go Mark!!! Go Red White and Blue. Thanks for the notice and all that is takes to make that happen. M
      Mitch, I truly feel that we are attached at the hip a bit! Your first RENO was my first time as a host/commentator.. TOTALLY changed the next 20 years for me! I hope this does not sound egotistical but the first year after we did the show.. I was walking around the backside of the bleachers and a couple young guys (young enough to find out where the damn video was airing lol) I lip read pretty well due to years of damage to ears and hearing loss.. I just glance at this kid walking by and he leans his head over to his friend beside him and says "that's that guy from the TV show) I was astounded! It gained me enough recognition to open a lot of doors!

Unfortunate thing is I'm pretty sure my "peers" (photogs/reporters) thought of me as being someone other than who I am... shy, humble (unless drunk) LOL I was scared to death every take we took!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne - bless you and all the AAFO'ers, Daver, DeVos and I am glad I drug Jeff Lee to his first show (as a prod. person) Mike Hill and countless others. Many of those that were exposed for the first time. Yes, that was and stays a humbling moment that I cherish. I have gotten in touch with Mike H. and Val. since the announcement of the last RENO. Max and I will be there for the Races and God Willing for PRS (that I am not sure of). Now - onto TOR!...Dragging the planes through RENO-Downtown for the big-shots within TOR of the Downtown Parade (as I saw from an old 16mm Film my dad brought home from the tech-school that he taught A&P's. That film (I never saw again) set a goal in motion that through Debra Lynn Hull, Odegaard, McPherson, Beck and others - """it-happened""". That old promo-film had me asking Lefty about and he said he was so sad that the WL P38 was too-wide to tow downtown...yes, super humbling now that 'that' will never happen again...).
        ...now a few pics from the past...
        Attached Files

Comment

Brother W, ...for what it is worth - "our show-year" was my second. The first - after waiting for decades since a kid from Ohio...was '92 or so - clutching my 'RENO - the Race of a Lifetime' scripts and handing them to Hoover, Lockwood, Preston, Dwelle and others. Then you and I were blessed with Bob Avery creating the 'live' opportunity was one I hold at the highest. Go - World-of-Wings!!! So funny, I also got a call from a tech-buddy from High School - he was calling from Japan working with a client watching WoW in Japan. Bob once told me it aired 60+ plus times globally by affiliate requests.
          Great job Wayne and team!!! ; )

Comment

It sounds like the schedule will be released tomorrow.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by mitchcarley View Post
              Brother W, ...for what it is worth - "our show-year" was my second. The first - after waiting for decades since a kid from Ohio...was '92 or so - clutching my 'RENO - the Race of a Lifetime' scripts and handing them to Hoover, Lockwood, Preston, Dwelle and others. Then you and I were blessed with Bob Avery creating the 'live' opportunity was one I hold at the highest. Go - World-of-Wings!!! So funny, I also got a call from a tech-buddy from High School - he was calling from Japan working with a client watching WoW in Japan. Bob once told me it aired 60+ plus times globally by affiliate requests.
              Great job Wayne and team!!! ; )
              I remember now, it was Jeff's first year... opened a lot of doors! Special thanks to Bob for giving us the opportunity!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I ordered some DVD's and couple of posters from the Reno Air Race Association. They are real cheap. I was checking on my orders and they have been very busy with many orders. Large ticket sales .Looks like many are going to Reno Last Air Race this year. My brother and I are planning on going. We lost our father this past Feb, he was 92 and always wanted to go to Reno. The last time I went was in the 80s. hopefully we can make it this year. My Dad's Birth Day is that week at the Air Races too. I hope their is a good turn out of race entries.
                Mark G. Ehlers

Comment

• AAFO_WSagar
                  AAFO_WSagar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm still trying to figure out how not to miss new messages.. just saw yours. Pretty sure I saw on their website, they are basically sold out for anything other than general admission..

Any idea what airplanes and or pilots may be participating?

Comment

Originally posted by JMS View Post
                  I think I heard 40 sport guys, and 8 Unlimiteds. I believe some of the unlimiteds are Rushin Thunder, Miss Trinidad, (Looking forward to seeing this one as its fresh from the paint booth after a long restoration.) Old Yeller, Barbara Jean (aka Georgia Mae), and Miss Van Nuys. Beyond that, its anyone's guess. No biplanes, not sure on the IF1s, jets and T6s.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by JMS View Post
                    As of the end of today there are 9 Sports there (that I know of), including the Thunder Mustang 'Guardian Angel' that lives there. They've been flying it a ton on what I think is the race engine. Other notable entry is the Super Legacy N726DW (previously known as 'Lucky Too' in 2017). Under new ownership by Mike Rinker who raced the GIII 'Cruze Missile' last year. He sold the GIII to Tim Slater who will be racing it this year. Looking like we'll have 3 Super Legacy's vs. 3 Super Glasair III's with a Thunder Mustang in the mix for Sport Gold.
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Add 2 more Super Legacy's to the list - the gorgeous N62MH Race 77 making her debut, and the return of Dave Sterling's Race 8 for the first time since blowing up in 2018's qualifying session. Pretty impressive turn-out so far.
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Add in Tom McNerney's new Super Legacy Race 4 - in my opinion one of the top competitors this year. Clean wing without breaks or flap hinges, one-off cowling, lots of carbon bits!
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I'm no site. A big bunch of Sport guys, and a handful of jets down at the far end. One is a Fuga Magester that looks a lot like Stu Dawsons Sea Fury. Trying to get pics edited from last week so I have no backlog and can post pics nightly.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                            I'm no site. A big bunch of Sport guys, and a handful of jets down at the far end. One is a Fuga Magester that looks a lot like Stu Dawsons Sea Fury. Trying to get pics edited from last week so I have no backlog and can post pics nightly.

Will
                            Sorry I decided not to be there to help you out Will! Neither of my vehicles are long distance road worthy right now.. Bimmer needs transmission, transfer case and differential service.. Doing same on my truck, found broken plastic valve.. pressure regulator or something like that.. Also found a boatload of destroyed filter material in the tranny.. Barstewards in Vegas changed fluid by pumping in new fluid, no filter change, I think the process overpressured the filter destroying it partially Oddly enough, the transmission was shifting and acting as it has always done fluid was clean with the exception of all the fuzz from the filter material. I'm concerned that I should dig deeper into the tranny, above that valve body and see what's in the gears. Likely take it to shop and pay out the arse to get it done.. but better than new transmission I guess.
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                            X