No announcement yet.

Congrats to John Penny on his new job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to John Penny on his new job!

I was in the bookstore reading one of the warbird rags, and read that Mr. John Penney is now the Chief Pilot for the Flying Heritage Collection. This is a collection of W.W.II aircraft maintained in flying condition by Paul Allen, the Co-founder of Microsoft. They have so many rarities it's not even funny.

Here is a link to the collection:

Experience a one-of-a-kind collection of military aircraft, vehicles, and artifacts used in various wars of the 20th century. The collection has been restored with unparalleled authenticity to share with the public. Many of the aircraft and vehicles are maintained in such good condition they’re still capable of flying and driving!

Congrats, Mr. Penny! What an envious job! If you happen to see this thread, which pilots will you have working for you? I know that Steve Hinton has flown a lot of the FHC airframes. I assume that Bud will be flying for you also? Who else will be flying with you at FHC? On the "flying days" on the FHC website, they don't list any airplanes for the particular days. Will you guys be giving us advance notice of which airplanes will be flying, so we can plan on being up there?

Nice work on landing the world's best aviation job!

Re: Congrats to John Penny on his new job!

As a fan of vintage planes and an employee of Microsoft, not to mention a life long Bear fan, I have to say this is great news and I wish this the best of luck.

Comment

I dont understand why that site does not have any pictures of the actual aircraft they have??

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus
        I dont understand why that site does not have any pictures of the actual aircraft they have??

Well I would think that because they are essentually MS products, they are gonna be much more bloated than the previous version, they will have so many new and unruly features that pilots cant fly them with out system malfunctions and again because they are essentually MicroSoft products (property) They are heavily copywrited to prevent unauthorised reproductions without steep licencing fees, lol

Sorry I just couldnt resist.

Comment

And don't forget Bob, that a photo would be quickly outdated as they are continuously updated to fit customer "input" and new versions come out daily...
          Remember, they are not bugs, but "features".
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Har Har Har

Comment

Check out the WIX website, there are quite a few photos posted....
              ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Comment

Originally posted by a4gturn
                Check out the WIX website, there are quite a few photos posted....
                See, the upgraqdes have begun, lol

Comment

Working...
                X