Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRE PRS FIELD REPORT 6-14-11

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Flying in in the morning... See you guys around noon...
    AACK... what a place to come... to get SICK!!!!

I felt really crappy this AM (4:00) and by the time we got to the rental desk at RNO, whatever is ailing me kicked in pretty hard.. went to the hotel, managed an early checkin... went to the Eldo's great breakfast buffet to see if eating something would make me feel better... damn...

I was in a breakfast lovers paradise and I could barely choke one plate.. in fact, only ate about half of one plate... what a waste!

Went to the room to take a short nap hoping to get out there by mid-afternoon.... it's now almost 6:30PM and I'm trying to muster enough energy and feelgood vibe to make it out for some late afternoon/sunset shots...

Will post some later if able...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,
      See you friday, will be there at 7amish. Where is that place for breakfast?

Comment

Here's a couple from Tuesday
        Attached Files

Comment

And a couple more from today
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
            I believe Ron always made it a two day trip. FL-TX, then TX to NV. With fuel stops in between of course. That has to be a miserable trip in that thing.
            Seriously, is there any such thing as a miserable trip in ANY mustang?

Race 29
            Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post

Race 29
              Yes. Especially across TX in 110 deg heat in an airplane that is that loud with limited visibility. A stock aircraft wouldn't be too bad, but PM would be brutal IMHO.

Comment

Race 29
                Never had to fly an X-C in a Mustang, much less a racer, but IMHO any airplane can be a miserable m'f'er if you have to spend enough time with it!

It's a little bit like that quote about whenever you see a beautiful woman, you know that somewhere out there there is someone who is absolutely sick of her crap.

Comment

I remember a long time ago being at McClellan AFB when an F-105 came in, for depot maintenance, from Asia. Not sure where. But the pilot climbed out and was in no mood to talk. It was the middle of summer and pretty hot. He was soaked in sweat. The tail code on the vertical was "SH". My buddy asked him what the "SH" stood for? The response was "Sh** Hog".

Reever

Comment

Anyone know the unlimited flying time slot for today (Friday)?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                      Wayne,
                      See you friday, will be there at 7amish. Where is that place for breakfast?
                      Not sure which breakfast place.. there's "The Diner" in that little strip mall one exit before the Lemmon Valley exit.... but I think there's another further down lemmon valley, past Military road...

As for when I'm going to be there Friday, it's going to be later in the day... I made it out yesterday for the entire day, but was sicker than a dog again last night.... Got a doc appt on Monday.... gotta find out what's goin on here!

Gonna try to get some photos from the course yesterday up today.
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Ok, so clearly some of you are sick of riding in Mustangs. Please let me know when and where to show up, and I will gladly take your place and relieve you from that terrible burden. Accually, any airplane ride your sick of, I'll take your place!! Mucho emphasis goes out to Haskin and others who fly high speed, high manuverability rides!

Race 29
                        Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Ok, so clearly some of you are sick of riding in Mustangs. Please let me know when and where to show up, and I will gladly take your place and relieve you from that terrible burden. Accually, any airplane ride your sick of, I'll take your place!! Mucho emphasis goes out to Haskin and others who fly high speed, high manuverability rides!

Race 29
                          I'll second the above statement. Its been so long since I have gone flying its really not funny. I think its been more than 10 years.

Will

Comment

Race 29
                            Yeah I second that I will be more than happy to trade places with you guys I will ride in a hot P 51 mustang cross country(it will have to be a TF and I need a pilot I dont have my license!) and you guys can drive my semi over Donner summit on a very nice snow night with maximum chain controls in place yes you have to install the chains your self on the truck and both trailers like I do no using chain monkeys thats cheating and expensive do this for about a week straight and I am sure you will want your mustang back any takers?

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                              I'll second the above statement. Its been so long since I have gone flying its really not funny. I think its been more than 10 years.

Will
                              I know what its like go cross country in something that is hot, loud and cramped. When ever I go race my car I have to drive it (no truck or trailer). I load it up and head off. I've see the floor boards at 198 degrees surface temp (talk about a hot foot) according to a Fluke digital laser temp gauge that I pointed down at my feet someplace. The exhaust is 98dB, and it has no top or air conditioning. Four hours of this is absolutely all I can stand for 1 day. It might be better if I had a cool suit, but I don't. I might also add that the car is 42 years old and has never let me down.

I have a feeling flying PM or any of the full race planes is likely a lot like driving my car over a long distance. You have to be pretty hard core to fly cross country in one of those. I have plenty of respect for these guys. Its not a fun trip.

Will
                              Last edited by RAD2LTR; 06-19-2011, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Wayne, the Diner went out of business.
                                I did notice recently (yea, I watched it again) it was used in TOR.

I've had the opposite of hot/cramped recently, having spent a couple of multi-hour trips over the pass. It's no fun in a cramped Toyota pickup waiting out the 7th hour covered in a couple feet of snow waiting for the highway in front of you to re-open!
                                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                                X