Furias on track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furias on track

Hey there race fans. I thought I would drop in and give a Furias update. All is well and proceeding at light speed. We swung the gear and flaps Thursday. Everything worked great. Cock-pit is going back together with new race canopy. Wiring is in full swing with engine delivery right around the corner. Outer wing panels are on and tanks are fabricated and ready to install. Tail cone fabrication is completed with that going off for paint. Oil tank is in fabrication now as well as the boiler tank. Should be putting those systems in after tail is painted and back next week. Bottom line is plane is on fast track to completion. Fortunately all previous stumbling blocks have been removed and plane is being swarmed by the Sanders team. Pretty awesome sight to see the activity around the plane, so focused. What a beauty she'll be. All I can say is Furias should be awesome!!!!I'll post more updates next week after more work is accomplished. We are on track for late July early August testing.

Matt J

Re: Furias on track

Great news Matt. Can't wait to see Furias back on the course. Best of luck to you and the crew this year!
    Mark Johnson
    Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

BIG THANKS, Matt, for that excellent FURIAS progress update!!! Many of us were just about ready to go nuts wondering how this super-duper Hawker was coming along. I know just how meticulous new owner Chuck Greenhill is about his aircraft restorations, and the Sanders crew's work speaks for itself - a great team, preparing a great racer destined to meet her potential at the hands of a great seasoned race pilot. Best of Luck to everyone involved for a successful competition at Reno 2010!

"GO TEAM FURIAS!!!"

DBD
      Last edited by BuckyD; 03-22-2010, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Wow, that's great news! Woo hoo! I simply can't wait to see this airplane bending the sticks and showing those inline engines who's boss.

Best of luck, Matt!

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Matt, great news on Furias. Any pictures that you might be able to show? Looking forward to seeing Furias round the sticks again. Besides my Furias T-shirt is getting a bit worn, and time for a new one.

Thanks, Dave
            Dave

Comment

Here is how it looked Wednesday.

Red
              chanting...400+

Comment

She looks a bit naked. Are we going to see a new paint scheme on her? Is Mr. Greenhill going to keep with the old style paint scheme similar to her last one?
                And the picture was taken from or just above the 232. Cool

Dave
                Dave

Comment

232 is in another hangar...do you mean the 262?

Red
                  chanting...400+

Comment

My apologies, too many days working and not enough sleep. yes I meant the Me262.

Dave
                    Dave

Comment

No worries. Glad you enjoyed the pics.
                      Red
                      chanting...400+

Comment

Please keep those Furias pics coming.
                        Cheers

Comment

Great news Matt! Bend that throttle!
                          WW

Comment

Originally posted by catalinadave View Post
                            She looks a bit naked. Are we going to see a new paint scheme on her? Is Mr. Greenhill going to keep with the old style paint scheme similar to her last one?
                            And the picture was taken from or just above the 232. Cool

Dave
                            Furias is going back to Red scheme with white trim. I have Mark Watt forward the scheme asap.

MJ

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteside View Post
                              Great news Matt! Bend that throttle!
                              WW
                              Yahoo!!! Can't wait to throw the wood to that 4360. See you in the turns low and tight Will. Just follow my line!!! and let me lead for once.

MJ

Comment

Working...
                              X