the Dawn of Voodoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Dawn of Voodoo

9/19/09- Will taxiing out for another dawn patrol, this airplane is made for the sunrise at Stead with its colors....i believe Bucky was out there that day as well.....the best time of day to shoot airplanes at Stead is at dawn

"dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Re: the Dawn of Voodoo

What do you mean....I was there too.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
      What do you mean....I was there too.
      Yes you were Tim, as evidenced by all the killer shot's you have posted

I was actually referring to the ramp police running down Bucky, as he was running after Voodoo! eeekk
      Last edited by sierra fox; 11-02-2009, 06:11 PM.
      "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Originally posted by sierra fox View Post

I was actually referring to the ramp police () running down Bucky, as he was running after Voodoo! eeekk
        Anthony, please- "Nuttin' but da facts, OK?" For the record()- I was runnin' parallel (at some distance) with- The BEAR, dude!

'Rules-R-Rules': NO RUNNING- anywhere near turnin' props, or taxiing aircraft! (-unless out of necessity, to get out of harm's way, of course!)

(My enthusiasm to get the shot got the better of me that morning )

Alas- Ain't like- 'Ye Olden Days', no more...

DBD

BTW- Great pics, Anthony (& Tim).
        Last edited by BuckyD; 11-03-2009, 12:29 AM.

Comment

'Gold Race Exit' of Voodoo (@ Outer 4 Pylon)...

(Phooey!!!) Better Luck next year, TEAM VOODOO! You guys were totally awesome!!! BIG THANKS for all your efforts & Will's great airmanship!

DBD
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyD View Post
            Anthony, please- "Nuttin' but da facts, OK?" For the record()- I was runnin' parallel (at some distance) with- The BEAR, dude!

'Rules-R-Rules': NO RUNNING- anywhere near turnin' props, or taxiing aircraft! (-unless out of necessity, to get out of harm's way, of course!)

(My enthusiasm to get the shot got the better of me that morning )

DBD

BTW- Great pics, Anthony (& Tim).
            Sorry Bucky, too much recreation back in the day i guess, but i remember now, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyD View Post
              Sad, that's the way everything goes. Like the old days with Lefty trimming the sagebrush (which I never got to see.)

Jarrod
              Last edited by jarrodeu; 11-03-2009, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu View Post
                Sad, that's the way everything goes. Like the old days with Lefty trimming the sagebrush (which I never got to see.)

Jarrod
                Yeah but you have a **50 in your backyard......

Comment

uh....

Originally posted by sierra fox View Post

I was actually referring to the ramp police running down Bucky, as he was running after Voodoo! eeekk
                  the "ramp police" are there to keep folks from getting hurt, show the FAA (you know the group that is trying to SHUT DOWN all air shows and general aviation) that we are serious about safety, and...oh yea...to keep you from getting hurt and then in true American fashion turning around and SUING RARA for your own negligence. sorry but those are the facts. the FAA was as thick as thieves last year at reno looking for ANY excuse to take our event away from us. no I am not ramp police and I can see how security might get on a few nerves...hell I even got hassled by one...who is no longer there I might add.
                  that being said I rest my case...

Comment

Re: uh....

Originally posted by JET1 View Post
                    the "ramp police" are there to keep folks from getting hurt, show the FAA (you know the group that is trying to SHUT DOWN all air shows and general aviation) that we are serious about safety, and...oh yea...to keep you from getting hurt and then in true American fashion turning around and SUING RARA for your own negligence. sorry but those are the facts. the FAA was as thick as thieves last year at reno looking for ANY excuse to take our event away from us. no I am not ramp police and I can see how security might get on a few nerves...hell I even got hassled by one...who is no longer there I might add.
                    that being said I rest my case...
                    Yeah.....right....uhhh....ok!!!

now that you got that out of your system can we continue with pictures of airplanes please!

From the fence on Saturday

Comment

Somebody say something about pictures of Voodoo?

Comment

One of my brother's Dawn Patrol shots...
                        Attached Files
                        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Very nice Peas, and Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter View Post
                            One of my brother's Dawn Patrol shots...
                            DAMN! It looks like the tail is on fire!

Comment

A couple from my point of view of that morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X