Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleared Hot: Rumbles from the Bear Cave!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleared Hot: Rumbles from the Bear Cave!!

NEVER count out that Rare Bear Team!!

This just in from Alby Redick..... Posting it here cause I don't have time to post it to their site tonight...

"The engine off of 232 didn't work out. During disassembly to install the Bear nosecase, we found some issues that we couldn't couldn't live with--Rod quickly pulled the trigger on an engine from Ray Anderson, Anderson Aeromotive, out of Grangeville. They have been awesome and really helpful. After the test cell time, they hustled it down from Idaho. We have spent the time to install the Bear goodies, are hanging the overhauled 4 blade this afternoon and feeling great about our status. The Crew has been coming up, taking time away from jobs and family and have worked their tails off. Charlie Brand at Tuna Graphics is taking care of us as always for Bear Wear and we'll see him and his Dad next week. Right-on Charlie! The girls are busy coordinating, and seeing to all of the organizational issues of the team...they have really pulled off some great planning for our friends, family and crew. Thanks girls! Well, more later, GO BEAR!"

PS.. on the little vid.. you probably will have better luck if you choose to save it, rather than play.. does not work on my IE7 install...
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Cleared Hot: Rumbles from the Bear Cave!!

To quote Dr. Frank:

"IT'S ALIVE!! IT'S ALIVE!!"

Thanks for the pics and vid Wayne.
    And congrats to the Bear crew..
    Here's hoping there's no major squawks from this point on.
    Mark Johnson
    Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Thanks Wayne,
      That will make a few thousand people happy

Comment

Thanks for the update....................Vid played fine for me.

Brian

Comment

Cool deal!!!!! Thanks Wayne for the update, see yall in a few days
          Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Since some on this board are following the re-engine project on the CAF B-29 "FIFI" I thought that you would like to know that this engine was headed to Midland prior to the problem with 232's engine being discovered. The B-29/24 Squadron agreed to allow this engine to go to the Rare Bear group. Unfortunately it will set the squadron back a little bit of time, but the project is still well under way.

Look for big news from Midland in the next couple of days.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
              Charlie Brand at Tuna Graphics is taking care of us as always for Bear Wear and we'll see him and his Dad next week. Right-on Charlie!
              Perfect timing, Wayne! I was about to post a question about whether the Rare Bear team was going to have new shirts this year. I would really love a team shirt (collared) like the ones we could buy back in the Fan Sponsor days. My box people want new shirts!!!

Don
              Attached Files

Comment

I am curious if all the 3350 Power Sections are basically the same?
                Are there no mods done to the cylinders at all?

All the Hot Rod stuff comes from the Nose and Acc Sections?

Or maybe its a case of September 1 already passed and run-what-ya-brung.?

Tj
                Tom Johnson,
                Aviation Insurance Broker / Yak 50 Owner
                www.airpowerinsurance.com

Comment

Look at that... the bear trailer even got new paint
                  Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                  My Photos
                  My Ride

Comment

Now that's fan-freakin'-tastic!!!

Thanks for the update Wayne.
                    Matt
                    Super Genius Rocket Scientist
                    NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hattend View Post
                      My box people want new shirts!!!
                      Hey Don.. not sure what Charlie Tuna has come up with but I know, they will be fan-tas-tic! I've always been impressed with his work, never disappointed with what I've seen in their pit! BeerNazi will be there selling stuff so make sure you say hi to my little "blondie"!!

Thanks to everyone for the strong POSITIVE response! The team (including owner) reads here and to have them see such good response to their efforts is a very good thing!

Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by tjyak50 View Post
                        I am curious if all the 3350 Power Sections are basically the same?
                        Are there no mods done to the cylinders at all?

All the Hot Rod stuff comes from the Nose and Acc Sections?

Or maybe its a case of September 1 already passed and run-what-ya-brung.?

Tj
                        I asked that same question once.. the answer was something along the lines of "we could tell ya, but then we'd have to kill ya"...

There's "magic" and fairy dust on every one of these highly strung engines.. I've heard a few details on how Larry Klassen, for one, does his T-6 engines so they are so far above others in that class while still being "legal" but would not repeat it here for fear of the black suburban and knock at the door!!!!!!

Let's just assume, when these guys put something together running 150% or more of design max power and it holds together for a race or, sometimes for a few years.. there's something there that they are not going to tell everyone!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
                          Look at that... the bear trailer even got new paint
                          Looks like the old September Props trailer with a new look. Really does look good.
                          Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
                          Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

Well good to see her running, although as i get older I could use less drama around the old Bear......and i assume my co-workers will be more than happy not to have to hear me worry for the months leading to the race

Go get them John!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It is indeed not the old Bear trailer as that was sent to Texas some time ago. I saw the former Mike Brown trailer on the highway on its way to be painted last week...I think it was last week anyway.

LP

Comment

Working...
                              X