X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Trace Racer!!!

TRACE Engines LP to Power Kevin Eldredge's new Nemesis NXT
    This news was published on Monday, September 15th, 2008

Reno, September 14, 2008: Kevin Eldredge, SuperSport competitor in the Reno Air Races and one of the fastest men in airborne motorsports, announced today that he has accepted the sponsorship of TRACE Engines, LP., of Midland, Texas. The TRACE V-8 will power a new Nemesis NXT that Kevin will build with Andy Chiavetta of Aerochia, who has built Sport champions and provides go-fast carbon graphite components for Lancairs. "I am absolutely thrilled that I will be the first to use the TRACE V-8 power in a race plane, and my next Nemesis NXT will show the community what good American V-8 power can do in a modern airframe," said Eldredge, to a group of reporters at the Reno Air Races.
    "We are excited to sponsor Kevin and the new TRACE Engine Racer. His background, experience, knowledge, and his competitive spirit are perfect for this sponsorship/partnership. We look forward to working with Kevin over the next year, until we see the machine publicly at Reno and airshows next year," said TRACE COO David Czarnecki.
    TRACE Engines LP manufacturers the FAA Certificated, 600 horsepower, 495 cubic inch, turbocharged V-8. The powerplant for the TRACE Engine Racer will be modified to produce additional horsepower and be packaged specifically for installation in the NXT.

Contact Information:
    TRACE Engines LP
    David Czarnecki, Chief Operating Officer
    David@traceengines.com
    432-230-9417

Kevin Eldredge

805-801-9183
    Kevin@sloair.com
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Relentless; 09-17-2008, 11:07 AM.
    http://www.kevineldredge.com
    http://www.myairport.com
    sigpic

Re: New Trace Racer!!!

I think most will agree:

"That my friends is a great looking engine!!"

Comment

Awesome news Kevin! I can't wait to see the new beast.

New number... New name? What's going to happen to 42?
      Sky Critter

Comment

Then put it in the sexy NXT air plane.... look out!
        Cheers

Comment

Is this going to use the single seat NXT airframe that Andy and crew have been working on the past couple of years?

Comment

This project is going to burn up a lot brain power to package the "Orenda"
            TGIVL-496 V-8 in the slick airframe of a NXT.
            I can count on Kevin and the crew at SLO AIR Inc.
            to figure how to make it fit, be reliable, and powerful enough
            to dominate the Super Sport Class. Once again recognizing
            the need to leap foward to the next level, to win.
            Congratulations to Trace Air Racing Team on the announcement
            and await updates on the progress of "name to be announced" ,
            Race Number 66.

Good Fortune to All Envolved,

Scott Barland
            Woodstock, Ga.

Comment

OK, is no one thinking what I'm thinking?

496 CI engine : 1000 CI allowable in Super Sport !

Congrats on the announcement Kevin, and may your development program be a chort one indeed.

Cheers
              Gerry

Comment

I hope they can get it done for 09. That souds like a LOT of work.

Eric
                Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter
                  Awesome news Kevin! I can't wait to see the new beast.

New number... New name? What's going to happen to 42?
                  We have not picked out a new number but I am pretty sure we will call it the Trace Racer!!!! Relentless performance this year was very disappointing. I was pulling on Sharp like a freight train coming down to the first pylon Sunday, but without ADI I could only pull the power for about 20 seconds! I am planning on fixing the ADI system with Relentless, and figuring out how to show the world how fast she can go. Once I can demonstrate +400mph I will be selling Relentless to pursue the next Super Sport Champion Racer!!!

Relentless has much to gain but I cannot focus on two projects at once.

kevin
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Race5
                    Is this going to use the single seat NXT airframe that Andy and crew have been working on the past couple of years?
                    No, the Trace will go into an entirely new NXT kit. I kept one kit for just such an occasion. It will be a single seat NXT and with Andy Chiavetta's help we should have no problem getting it flying early next year.

Andy will do the fuselage, Parker has agreed to help me with the mount, The Trace Engine is already certified the engine and needs only minor changes to reach over 800hp, and I have compelted about 30% of the new wing already!

The right people can do anything!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Kevin, this is all very exciting news! Thanks for sharing it here!

Look forward to seein this bitchin looking paint in the air!! Not to mention, hearing good old AMERICAN V-8 power up there!! I drive a V-8... there it's not a hot rod, by any means but still sounds good when it downshifts to pass someone! Can't wait to hear that kind of V-8 HP "beating the air into submission"

Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Relentless
                        We have not picked out a new number but I am pretty sure we will call it the Trace Racer!!!! Relentless performance this year was very disappointing. I was pulling on Sharp like a freight train coming down to the first pylon Sunday, but without ADI I could only pull the power for about 20 seconds! I am planning on fixing the ADI system with Relentless, and figuring out how to show the world how fast she can go. Once I can demonstrate +400mph I will be selling Relentless to pursue the next Super Sport Champion Racer!!!

Relentless has much to gain but I cannot focus on two projects at once.

kevin

How bout Tracer?
                        Red
                        chanting...400+

Comment

I saw the engines in the pitts Kevin. They look suuuuuper beastly!!!! I love your plane and look forward to the new motor setup!
                          CFI/CFII/MEI
                          www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
                          www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

ok saw its going into a new plane. Whats going to happen to Relentless?

Call it Without a Trace.... as in vanishes ahead of the competition without a trace....ya anyway that was my best shot lol.
                            Last edited by Inverted; 09-17-2008, 04:45 PM.
                            CFI/CFII/MEI
                            www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
                            www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

Kevin,

Great news for Team Trace! And the paint scheme ROCKS!!!! Can't wait to get that in front of my lens. Congratulations, and only good things can come from this new venture. I will be keeping a watchful eye as this develops. Great news!!

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X