Tough week: Argonaut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough week: Argonaut

First Dreadnought... now Argonaut. Pulled up in a May Day. Lots of smoke... with flames. Very scary. Pilot safe after doing an excellent landing. Did not look good for a few seconds as he came aound... but made the runway and rolled in safe. Don't know anything about engine damage. It could not be good gauging by smoke and flame... but I am an amateur. All my wishes for the best to the Team.

Re: Tough week: Argonaut

That was every bit as nasty a mayday as 232 had last year on Sunday. Need to see video to prove it, but I'd say he was down within 60 seconds of pulling up and declaring. Definitely a zero power approach. There were some flaming flashes in the oil/exhuast stream under the belly as he flew downwind for the runway. Truly a pucker moment (one of two goodies today with the Bear's unrelenting determination to give someone a heart attack).

The Sanders crew did a classy job getting Argo cleaned up (near spotless) once back in the pits but the oil down the sides when towed in was the most I've seen in my lifetime (been going to Reno over the past 21 years).
    _________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Today CJ Showed why the Sanders family trusts him with their plane.
      GREAT JOB CJ STEPHENS!!!!!!!!

Bill...

Comment

As Steve Hinton stated on the radio after 114 landed, "Great Job Colonel."

WRL

Comment

he pulled right at pylon 8 i got some pics of it

Comment

Ya I heard Cj's call. Glad Argo and its pilot are safe this evening.
            CFI/CFII/MEI
            www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
            www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

That one made me nervous as well!!

He came in pretty hot and with as much oil as you could tell coming out of the plane I was praying he had good vision.

I was on the very east end of the runway on the east side of the jet pits and when they pulled the plane by it looked like it took a bath in oil.

Two close calls today and it just shows you how well prepared these pilots are for these situations!!! Can't give enough props to the those flying!

Comment

Here is a shot of the oil soaked Argonaut as they towed back in. Looks like C.J. still had pretty good visibility from the cockpit. Great job, C.J.!
                Attached Files
                Joe

Comment

Is that a Slowtation flying by in the photo of Argonaut?

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker Driver
                    Is that a Slowtation flying by in the photo of Argonaut?

Lynn
                    Premier 1A Demo

Comment

Working...
                    X