X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bear Lightning!!!

Originally posted by Victor Archer
    The Rod Lewis Air Force.

I must be a nerd. What is the first thing that grabs my eye about that picture? The tail stinger on the Bear has been changed.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim
      The Rod Lewis Air Force.

I must be a nerd. What is the first thing that grabs my eye about that picture? The tail stinger on the Bear has been changed.

Jim
      I noticed all the apparent trim tab deflection.... so who am I to talk?

Comment

I noticed the difference in AOA between both planes at that airspeed. Could have been the Bear positioning in the formation, as the control deflections would be pretty minute.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris300s
          I noticed the difference in AOA between both planes at that airspeed. Could have been the Bear positioning in the formation, as the control deflections would be pretty minute.

Chris
          The Bearcat tends to fly tail down anyhow. I have a book from the late 1960s that has a picture of Darryl Greenamyer\'s Bearcat and Howie Keefe\'s Mustang flying side by side. Mustang very definitely flies tail high. It looks like the planes are headed in different directions, even though they are going in a straight line.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim
            The Rod Lewis Air Force.

Jim
            It did. Maybe I can post a picture when I get back home and have a little more time.
            Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
            My Photos
            My Ride

Comment

I have to say that I am so jealous.......... Wish I had the change to call these mine.. ANYWAY... I have to say that when I first saw Bear in 93 I fell in love with her. I also thought that she looked the best that she ever had from the pics of her history. BUT, this new look really is hot. I think I have a new favorite. So much for the Thunder Tiger Bear that I have, guess I got to repaint too!!!
              Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Working...
              X