Pheonix 500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pheonix 500?

So, I don't have a particularly huge knowledge of past air racing. With that being said, I truely mean NO disrespect to ANYBODY when I ask this question. I was watching an episode of "Whacked Out Sports" tonight and one of their clips came from the Phoenix 500, year ????. They showed one of the planes that was piloted by Kevin Eldridge smoking, then caught fire, then he pointed it towards the ground, and finally bailing out. What year was this, and, what plane was this? Also, does anyone know exactly what happened to cause a fire like that? Just wondering. I am always on the search for information. Thanks
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Re: Pheonix 500?

Try this;

Bill

Comment

She was the only plane that I ever liked more than the Bear!
      Tony

Comment

It was 1994 or 1995 and it wasn't the Kevin Eldredge currently flying Relentless...

Comment

Here is a clip of the crash and bailout with a great pilot commentary at the end. Nice piece of air racing history this clip is. its almost 10 minutes long.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
            Here is a clip of the crash and bailout with a great pilot commentary at the end. Nice piece of air racing history this clip is. its almost 10 minutes long.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w_3wYLE_rGU
            Excellent video!

Don

Comment

Very sad video for this old warbird....but a good ending that this Kevin survived.......don't like to see these racers go down like that.....I don't watch racing for the crashes.......I was there and had a long drive home not knowing that he survived....

Originally posted by hattend
              Excellent video!

Don
              Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

Working...
              X