Blue Thunder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blue Thunder

Sounds like Tim is a NASCAR fan. I'll respectfully wait until the Parker family posts their statements.
    Attached Files

Comment

Flyride????????lets just call you tim.1: The request not to post any pics is not from wayne but from the John and the crew!!!!!!!!!!!I know this because I made the call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!When John and crew are ready they will post a message for all to read,until then we as air race fans ,crew-members and pilots should respect the wishes of john and the crew.Randy, thanks for posting this request for john and the crew.

Jim A
      Blue Crew Member
      Jim Adams
      Blue Thunder 2 crew
      Picabo race 51 crew
      Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

Wayne--I think we hurt someones feelings again. Never the less, I wish John Parker and the Blue Thunder Crew the very best.
        Last edited by Ken from PG; 09-04-2007, 02:04 AM.

Comment

John,

Glad you are safe and sound. We have lost so many the last couple of years. My hart sinks at the mension of any incidents.
          It is good to hear of one of our heros able to go home at the end of the day, and be with his family.

It is a shame about the plane. I have no idea how you must feal about the loss. But I am sure you and your family have a very heavy hart at this time. Given time, the plane can be rebuilt, and I am sure it will be.

It is just a great blessing to have you with us still.

Wolfee

Comment

Saw the pictures on the local news. Thank God Mr. Parker is OK.
            The loss of the plane is, I'm sure a heartbreaking one for him and his. But, he is still here to do it again and ultimately machinery can be replaced. John can't.
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Easy everyone... breath...... exhale.... okay.....

I have been on AAFO for over 10 years now. I don't know why but this last year has been the roughest. Threads like Blind Man's Bluff remind me what this pace is all about and I hope to see more like them.

The request for no photos is a purely selfish one. I did not make the request but I'm glad it was made. I'm not into censorship but at the same time I not too keen on everyone ogling Blue Thunder's charred carcase. It was only a plane and yet it WAS a family member. There will be more than enough time for photos and God knows more than enough have been taken.

But for now, I think we all owe John Parker and the team enough for what they/we have put in to this over the years, to respect their wishes and not post pictures until they/we have time to collect our thoughts.

It is less about censorship and more about grieving. Yes it is just a plane. A plane that your life revolves around. A plane that you work on 70 hours a week. A plane that you have invested an incredible amount of money in. A plane that you believed had an incredible amount of unrealized potential.

Remember the Blue Thunder Racing slogan? To some it's a sport. To us, it's a way of life.

We are all ecstatic that John is physically fine. But please be patient and allow us a few days, or at least a few hours, to come to the realization that it is just a plane. Because right now, it is so much more than that.

Thank you,
              Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
              Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

A Big Thank You to Randy Goss for helping out with everything here.
                I got a phone call from Jim Adams (Blue's crew chief) that the plane was just lost but John was OK (Thank GOD) He had also asked if I could put a stop to anything being posted about what was happening out there as people were taking photos and John and the crew did not want them on the internet. I told Jim I would do as much as I could but I was about 45 min. from a computer. Right after I hung up with Jim, Randy had called me to let me know he had a safe flight home, I told him everything that was going on and asked him if he could help out knowing that he did not want to be in that position any more. Randy has spent most of his life around aviation and racing planes, he didn't have a second thought about helping out and took control this situation.
                The most important thing of all is that John is OK. But as others have mentioned that John and the Blue crew have lost a member of their family.
                As a member of the Blue Thunder Crew and as a friend I want to thank Randy Goss for helping out!

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

The run-up is what I was welcomed to when I arrived last year on Saturday...
                  Attached Files

Comment

The thing i like and hate about this web site is that it is about feelings.

Airplanes are gods inventions that envoke pure emotions. Good and bad!

Try working with 7,000 UAL maintenance base employees who would rather sleep with there airplanes than there wives (husbands)

This is one of the most emotional sites i have posted on. Wayne has a tiger by the tail to keep this boat afloat! Keeping emotions in check with all of us.... the "blue skys posts".... the " ntsb posts" ..... and all the sundry violence that goes with the aero industry, let alone this racing nitch.

and the passon , victory, excitement, that airplane racing is.

For me airplanes are the best and worst of what is. We are a small group of ad hock friends that share this "best and worst thing"

Comment

Off Topic: I just saw on CNN that Fossett is missing in NV & they are searching for him. Any news?
                      Lockheed Bob

Comment

As a tribute in remembrance of Blue Thunder,
                        What was the quickest speed it every flew at? Official or unofficial

To Remember the Best of Times.

Comment

Every year my father and I look forward to seeing this team develop. It has been amazing watching this plane every year. We are so sorry for the loss of the airplane. I cannot imagine what the team is going through. We are very glad to see that John made it out ok. We wish the best for the John and the team. Hope to see everyone at Reno safe and sound...
                          My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Originally posted by zeke
                            As a tribute in remembrance of Blue Thunder,
                            What was the quickest speed it every flew at? Official or unofficial

To Remember the Best of Times.
                            Like what has been posted, one run was 383 mph before the supercharger.

With supercharger we did 370 race average. Now there is a story that goes with that regarding power settings. I'll see if I can remember but it was at 2/3 power or something like that.

That's the real tragedy here, we were just starting to get the power dialed in. I'll see if I can't get exact numbers, probably during Reno.
                            Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                            Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Just plain sucks to lose BT. Thank god it wasn't worse.

That blue Thunder has been such a mainstay of the Sport class.
                              It was absolutely screaming last year with the blowers full tilt.

Hurry back JP.

TJ
                              Tom Johnson,
                              Aviation Insurance Broker / Yak 50 Owner
                              www.airpowerinsurance.com

Comment

I believe that this is from The Sat. gold heat '06.

see here for 351 vid clip....

To bad but,glad nobody got hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X