Lori Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lori Love

Lori raced #31 and #38 IF1's in the eighties.
    Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
    RIP 03/17/10

Re: Lori Love

Originally posted by RandyGoss75
    http://www.starbanner.com/article/20...e=storydetails

Very pretty petite brunette, if I recall....

But I can understand that love of the 'isolation' of flying...even if it was over Africa.

Comment

Lori first raced in 1983, flying the #31 "Scholl Spl." for Chuck Wentworth, with an all-girl crew. She later raced the #38 "Flying Dutchman" for Tommy Aslett. She proved to be a fine pilot who enjoyed her time in air racing, but moved on to other flying adventures.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, and hope for the best.
      Last edited by Tosg; 08-23-2007, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Hey Randy,

Thanks so much for posting the story about Lori Love. Our young girls need role models and she sure is one. Here's hoping....

Karen

Comment

These are a couple of pictures that Lori's cousin brought out to the drop zone (skydiving). I wouldn't have known that the Scholl Special was number 31 except for the above referenced post.

Don't know anything about the second picture of her in the airplane with the two fellows holding it. I had only guessed that one of these guys may have owned the airplane, but no way either of them could fit in it!

The third is one of Lori in 2006 (I think) fueling my Cessna 182. She called me, asking if I needed a skydiver driver (pilot). I knew Lori for a year or so, but she wasn't one to boast. You almost had to pry to get any information out of her regarding her history in aviation, and skydiving. To see her at the drop zone, you'd have never have guessed she was the pilot, let alone her history in aviation.

Martin
          Air Capital Drop Zone
          https://www.aircapitaldropzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/y2mate.com-ACDZ-Tandem_EKkgrk_5TaI_360p-1.mp4 To sign up for a class or schedule a tandem jump call us at (316)776-1700 To sign up for a class or to schedule a tandem jump, call us at (316)776-1700 Welcome to Air Capital Drop Zone! Ready to take the leap and go skydiving for the first time? We have trained, professional and […]
          Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Martin,

Air Racing History is always great, thanks for sharing..

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Tosg
              Lori first raced in 1983, flying the #31 "Scholl Spl." for Chuck Wentworth, with an all-girl crew. She later raced the #38 "Flying Dutchman" for Tommy Aslett. She proved to be a fine pilot who enjoyed her time in air racing, but moved on to other flying adventures.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, and hope for the best.
              Is the second picture I posted of her in the cockpit with the two guys holding the airplane another IF1? Is it the #38 referenced above?

Attached another picture of Lori. I have no idea what the story was behind this picture. I didn't see it until she was no longer around to ask about it.

Martin
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Martin Myrtle; 10-05-2008, 02:38 PM.

Comment

that looks like 38 Flying ducthman it was own by Tom Asslett. Shawn

Comment

It is #38, and the two guys are Lee Cock and his son Marvin. Two wonderful people and huge supporters of IF1 racing. Lee lived on Hubler Field in Idaho and was very involved in the Hubler racing efforts in the 80s and 90s.

Lee was killed years ago when a dump truck ran a stop sign and hit his pickup. He is missed...

Neal

Comment

It is #38, and the two guys are Lee Cock and his son Marvin. Two wonderful people and huge supporters of IF1 racing. Lee lived on Hubler Field in Idaho and was very involved in the Hubler racing efforts in the 80s and 90s.
                    Lee Cock and his sons Marvin (pictured) and Monte ran Lee's Aero Service, which was based at Hubler Field in Caldwell, ID. Lee was involved in air racing since the revival, crewing for Mike Loening's #2 P-51 in the early years. He and the boys then gravitated to F-1, helping out Eldon Lutz with #38 (which was flown by Mike Loening at one time). Lee was crew chief for Tom Summers #35 "Sump 'n Else" for many years, then moved over to Tom Aslett's team. "Mariah" #95 was a joint project of Lee, Marv and the Hublers. Lee contributed the remains of #95 "Pegasus" N11XR, a former racer that was badly damaged when it snared some power lines while landing. He also assisted in the construction and was crew chief on the aircraft until his untimely death.

As Neal mentioned, two of the best people you will ever meet.

Comment

Is anybody else having problems getting the link in post #1 to open?

Don

ERROR: Couldn't find template for class = _storydetails and category = APN

Comment

Originally posted by hattend
                        Is anybody else having problems getting the link in post #1 to open?

Don

ERROR: Couldn't find template for class = _storydetails and category = APN
                        I'm getting the same thing Don. I figure with it coming from a newspaper the story has since been moved to give room to the current headlines
                        Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                        My Photos
                        My Ride

Comment

The original post was a year ago, so that's to be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx
                            The original post was a year ago, so that's to be expected.
                            D`oh... I missed that part.
                            Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                            My Photos
                            My Ride

Comment

So did I.

Oh Well

Don

Comment

Working...