Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT-Old Mustang Photo

Check this photo out.

This is an amazing site, lots of amazing old photos.

Re: OT-Old Mustang Photo

There are no serial numbers on that mustang, and the res. and color is amazing for a 1942 picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
      There are no serial numbers on that mustang, and the res. and color is amazing for a 1942 picture.
      If you look close on the fus side fwd of the horizontal you can make out part of the S/N maybe a 7 followed by 416. It looks painted over.
      Rich

Comment

The shiny dots scattered on the fus and nose are inspector marks. They are small round stickers where some inspector had to buy off on something. I found many of those inside a P-38 I restored. They were stuck on some screws and over the edges of parts that were bolted on to other parts.
        Rich

Comment

My records show this aircraft was built for the RAF, and US Military serial number was 41-37416.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
            Check this photo out.

This is an amazing site, lots of amazing old photos.
            Now where have I seen that picture (and many more) before... I know. HERE'S where!

JK Tim... good to see your post getting the hits it deserves. Guess I was just posting it under the wrong section
            Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
            My Photos
            My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
              Now where have I seen that picture (and many more) before... I know. HERE'S where!

JK Tim... good to see your post getting the hits it deserves. Guess I was just posting it under the wrong section
              Hey, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!!

Comment

I should be the one imitating you... you've been posting up some very nice pic lately. Me I've not taken a picture of a moving object for some time now (well... I was taking pictures of my niece this weekend, and she moves... alot!).
                Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                My Photos
                My Ride

Comment

Working...
                X