Bombers at Moffet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bombers at Moffet

Anyone interested it looks like the Collings Foundation will be out at Moffet Field Mt View CA this weekend.I saw the B-24 turning final on my way home from work today.

B2

Re: Bombers at Moffet

All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!

Still no sign of the 2-prop'er.

Comment

LOL...we were so close in trail we must have been stealth. Jimmy and I were right behind the 17 and 24, in fact we were first in the break...see photos ;P we are in Moff til Tuesday, come out and say hi!!!

I shot these between running the flaps up and down trying not to pass the other slow pokes ;P

Jim Harley

Comment

If the Mitchell was the first to break, then that would explain why I didn't see you.

I first heard the B-17 directly over my house on the downwind leg, then ran outside and barely caught a glimpse of it disappearing behind nearby trees and buildings, then saw the B-24 pass over my house a minute or 2 later. I was expecting to see the '25 last in the pattern like last year, but you must have already gone by before the big Boeing.

Welcome to town...I hope to get out there this weekend.

Comment

Looks like Rollison in the left seat of the 25.

Comment

Very cool Photos!!! Thanks!!!!
            Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

Where was the second photo shot? Seems like too much open land to be anywhere near Moffett.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
                Where was the second photo shot? Seems like too much open land to be anywhere near Moffett.
                Looks like the south end of Gilroy.

Rich

Comment

Thats Rollison in the left seat...we departed Hollister direct to Moffett, up the valley.

Jim Harley

Comment

You guys comming to Klamath Falls, Or?

Comment

Hollister, of course. Thanks. (Gee, I remember when it looked like that here in the south bay...)

Originally posted by spinner
                      You guys comming to Klamath Falls, Or?
                      The website says roger that. Here's a link to their tour schedule:

Comment

Not enough P-3's in the pattern in that first shot....

Comment

Yea, the P3s are long gone since the navy left. I use to see one or more every half hour, but now I'm lucky to see one in a years passing.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
                            Yea, the P3s are long gone since the navy left. I use to see one or more every half hour, but now I'm lucky to see one in a years passing.
                            That 'view' certainly looked familiar, as I shot my share of approaches at Moffett.

Comment

We run outside everytime we hear them fly over. It's just the coolest thing in the world. Thanks guys! I'm gonna call San Carlos to register a Noise Compliment!

Karen

Comment

Working...
                              X