The Magic is Back!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Magic is Back!!!!!!

Who ever said there is no more magic left in the world has seen the new Merlins Magic. It is hard to believe that just three months ago she suffered a catastrophic accident. Well, she is back and BETTER than ever. I had the opportunity to go up with Merlins Magic today and it brought a great deal of joy to see the Mustang back in the air. In talking with Stu before the flight, we discussed the amazing fact that she was sitting on the ramp ready for her test flight. Stu stated, "I have some pretty terrific friends". Indeed you do Stu. And that circle is NOT limited to everyone responsible for bringing Merlins Magic back. All of us have been pulling for what is undeniably the classiest family in air racing. I want to thank Stu and his family for allowing me the opportunity to photograph Merlins Magic today, and also to Dennis Buehn, who offered up his T-6 as the photoship. For all of you out there, enjoy the photos, and join in with the Eberhardt families happines that the Magic is back. Heres to 2007 and the return of the Merlin.

Dave
    Attached Files

Re: The Magic is Back!!!!!!

Thanks for posting those photos !!!

Glad to see MM and Stu in the air again......

Thanks to ALL who made it happen

Comment

Wow, What a remarkable come back. She looks great and better than ever. Looks like the crew really did their homework to get her back i nthe the air.

GOOD WORK AND THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      W.Hughes

Comment

Thats amazing seeing her back so soon. Great work to everyone involved in getting her back into the air.
        a&p

Comment

AWESOME photo's

Thank you Thank you Thank you

Comment

Cogratulations to Stu and the Eberhardt family. The nicest people you could ever meet in air racing or any where else. It took some real great work to accomplish so much so quickly.
            John NAG
            Editor

Comment

Super news, Congratulations to the Eberhardt's!

Ken Dwelle

Comment

Warm fuzzies and goosebumps
                This is great news!

Comment

awesome, great photos, congratulations to all who made it possible to get MM back in the air so fast she looks great,
                  Roll on September and some fast healthy Mustangs
                  race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Boy it seemed like a long time ago at Reno that everything went horribly wrong. Now that MM's back in the air it seems like only yesterday. As an outsider to the Air Racing scene, all I can say is it's totally remarkable how the 'family' pulls together to make it happen.

What a great day that must have been for the Eberhardts. The photos are truly 'Magical'. The American spirit of helping one another is alive and well and appropriately stated!

Keep an eye on www.merlinsmagicrace22.com for ongoing news. There's still a need to pay a lot of bills and they're working on some projects to raise funds to help that happen.
                    Scott Adie
                    www.osgfx.com

Comment

GREAT NEWS!!!

thanks for the news and great pics.

I think race 22 should be called "MERLINS MIRACLE".

Is anyone else surprised to see the clipped wings still on it?

Comment

Congrats.
                        _________
                        -Matt
                        Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Great news!!!!!!!!
                          That was quick comeback! see you in reno!!!!
                          www.renosection3.com

Comment

reference to MRUSSEL

I keep hearing that Red Bull "has no idea what air racing is"

but guess what folks...... from the people i press the flesh with.... work and social.

If you mention AIR RACING.... 9.5 out of 10 say Red Bull!

If I try and bench race with most of these people.... and say RARA or bronze, silver, gold.... I get blank faces or thats "just an air show" deal thinggy.

I have made my . !

BM

Comment

Bill,

Are these folks from the X sport (skateboards, snowboards, etc) generation? If these people you rub flesh with actually saw air racing, Reno style, I would find it hard to believe they would call it an air show thingy. They can not be that nave. When, Red Bull performs their races with more than ONE aircraft on the course, then they can call their little show a race! Until then, I rate it right up there with ice curling. No insult intended.

. returned

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X