9 Blue Angel planes just arrived at SFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9 Blue Angel planes just arrived at SFO

ALBERT GOT BACK!! (aka junk-in-da'-trunk!)
    Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Fat Albert has a big butt, so watch out for when he gets the JATO farts. HEY, HEY HEEEEEEEEEEY!!!! With JATO I'm up, up, and away!!

Comment

EADS A400 and C130

Any chatter on new C130 clone over in europe?

Some nice virtual renderings on this site

All time fan of the herc

BM

Comment

Re: EADS A400 and C130

Originally posted by Bill Marsh
          Any chatter on new C130 clone over in europe?

Some nice virtual renderings on this site

All time fan of the herc

BM
          Hardly a C-130 clone. Size-wise it's midway between the C-130 and C-17. Being an Airbus product, it's likely to be very late, but an extremely effective piece of kit when it finally enters service.

Comment

Groan. I warned you about the "welcome" provided by the hand-wringers here in the Bay area. They really do live in a bubble. Here's Part II:

From today's San Francisco Chronicle:

Fleet Week farewells
            Editor -- Thank you, Fleet Week. My preschool-aged daughter, having heard your airplanes overhead all week, is now completely traumatized and afraid to go outside. She just heard a commercial airliner in the sky and ran inside shrieking, shaking, and trying to close all the windows and doors. We tried to have a fun family weekend enjoying free music in our park, but it was ruined by the thundering sound of those hateful airplanes overhead, forcing her (and most of the other children I saw) to throw her hands over her face and cower.

If there is ever an opportunity for me to vote on any proposition keeping this ridiculous event and huge waste of resources from marring the skies of my city again, you can bet I'll be the first in line to get it voted in.

DEMETRA DELÍA
            San Francisco
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Editor -- As I walked the streets of the city this past weekend, with the Blue Angels thundering overhead, I couldn't help but think how utterly terrifying it must be to actually be the target of warplanes like these in some far off city, thankfully somewhere else, the victim of screaming death from above. I find it troubling, this worshipful aggrandizement of warfare that is Fleet Week. Yes, we should honor the service of our military , but it should be respectfully solemn, and we should always go to war with a heavy heart, not with all this yahoo, "ain't it cool?" bravado. It's time to grow up America.

RICHARD MARRACQ

No, Mr. Marracq, it's time for you to grow up! Climbing down now...

Comment

It's sad that many do not realize what it takes to give them a life where the only thing to worry about is the disturbing of a concert or the tenperature of the chardonny.
              It's amazing how hawkish people will get once the hurt has been done to them.
              When I was growing up in Ontario, Ca., planes used to fly over the house very low and very fast, sometimes going supersonic and we lost our picture window more than once. My dad called it "the sound of freedom".
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Here, Here!!!
                I'm sure I'm not the only one on the board that LOVES the sound of any aircraft, be it jets or racers. The louder the better! I've been this way since I was a kid growing up on an Air Force base. Anytime day or night, I'll stop whatever I'm doing and look to the sky when I hear the sound. You all know what I'm talking about, because you do it too! Unfortunatly, people like that woman and her daughter get all the press. People like that move right next door to an airport and then try to get it shut down! Ya know, just the other day......wait, a jet is flying over my house...I'll have to finish this later!

Off my box

Race 29
                Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

My comment to you Mr. RICHARD MARRACQ,

I know for a fact from reading your post that you are one of the people that would go out of their way to vote down the necessary funding to continue to keep that "utterly terrifying" thunder of jet planes somewhere else. You are one of the brainless sheep that put their heads down every night on your liberal pillow not realizing that there exists true evil in this world that doesn't like you. The screaming death you are refering to is a result of others attacks on the people of the United States and other freedom loving countries. It makes me sick to think that you would spit on the bodies of those that give their lives so that you can spout your drivel, but I know that if you were alone with a hundred or so of your liberal friends and completely outnumbered the mourners you would do so. You live in the most liberal city in the country and yet you enjoy the protection "no questions asked" of the best fighting force in the world. I don't agree with what you say, but I admit that thanks to this country you so vehemently hate you have the right to say it. So continue on with your head in the sand, Others will continue to pay the price of your ignorance.
                  John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                    It's sad that many do not realize what it takes to give them a life where the only thing to worry about is the disturbing of a concert or the tenperature of the chardonny.
                    It's amazing how hawkish people will get once the hurt has been done to them.
                    When I was growing up in Ontario, Ca., planes used to fly over the house very low and very fast, sometimes going supersonic and we lost our picture window more than once. My dad called it "the sound of freedom".

My father told me a story once...I believe it was while he was stationed over at Hickam AFB in Hawaii. The locals were complaining about all the noise (Ironic, considering the history there...), so Gen Curtis LeMay scrambled the entire wing at 3:00 in the morning and flew them around the islands...just so that it would serve as a reminder of 'the sound of freedom". We need more guys like that these days.

Comment

HeHe, gotta love that man.
                      There ought to be a place for all those that believe that if we just tolerated all others, lived and let live and agonized over every little point that might offend, that the world would get along. That total pacifism would disarm the "bad" people in the world, they would feel the love and love us back. A city or state where none would have to work because the baaaad rich people would support them. It would be a wonderful little place of rainbows and free self expression, with no consequenses for any actions.
                      It would also be a good place for a "broken arrow".
                      Sorry, went too far...
                      airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                        HeHe, gotta love that man.
                        There ought to be a place for all those that believe that if we just tolerated all others, lived and let live and agonized over every little point that might offend, that the world would get along. That total pacifism would disarm the "bad" people in the world, they would feel the love and love us back. A city or state where none would have to work because the baaaad rich people would support them. It would be a wonderful little place of rainbows and free self expression, with no consequenses for any actions.
                        It would also be a good place for a "broken arrow".
                        Sorry, went too far...
                        Touche! I almost choked when I read that last statement!

Comment

For more bay area lunacy, even the challenger in my district's city council race in Oakland trumpets her conscientious objector status during Gulf War I. Of course her delicate sensibilities didn't prevent her from joining the army in the first place and getting an education at Stanford on our dime. And now she can stand with the Code Pinkers (Medea Benjamin) and claim that she was shocked, shocked to find out that the army kills people. AFAIK the city of Oakland doesn't have a foreign policy (Berkeley does, however). I know I sleep better at night knowing that Berkeley and Oakland are nuclear free zones (I'm not making this up!).

"Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

"AMERICA! F*** YEAH!"

Comment

Just as long as it looks like an accident so we can say we're sorry...
                            airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
                              While I live in the SF Area and get to make fun of the peacefreaks daily, we are not alone with our freaks...

Do you guys remember this story?
                              Dasher - Thank you for posting that story. I do not think I have ever read a more moving tribute to a fallen aviator, and all in response to some idiotic letter....

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
                              Mark Johnson
                              Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Dasher,

Based on that Luke story, I guess we can say that we haven't cornered the market yet on the "tolerant" here in the Bay Area. God what an insensitive bonehead!!!

Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X