Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor

When I was in the pits on Saturday evening I heard that Travolta showed up friday evening and put down some green backs toward the purchase of the TF-51 that was in the pits. Anyone else here about this? I heard it when I was over talking with some of the Planes of Fame folks

Re: Rumor

I'm suprised he's waited this long, he's owned different jets and other warbirds off and on for years.

Comment

He wants to do a Mustang video with Sway, just like Tom Cruise did! Or, could be an addition to the CoSAF...
      Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
      World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Well there is the Commerative Air Force, then the Van's Air Force, I guess it was only a matter of time before the Scientologists got with the program and formed Scientology Air Force. They only need two more 51s, then they can perform the missing man formation for L. Ron. I can see it now a low pass followed by the dropping of dianetics leaf lets.

Comment

Originally posted by Warren_C
          Well there is the Commerative Air Force, then the Van's Air Force, I guess it was only a matter of time before the Scientologists got with the program and formed Scientology Air Force. They only need two more 51s, then they can perform the missing man formation for L. Ron. I can see it now a low pass followed by the dropping of dianetics leaf lets.
          I thought they were into DC-8s.
          Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
          Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

While I was out at the Reno airport waiting for my flight home Sunday morning I heard over the gate radio of a Southwest employee "Can anyone give me a hand moving Travolta's 707, I don't have enough people right now". It seems John came in Friday and had the plane dumped and filled by Southwest's crews. One of the ground crew was allowed to take a few pictures of the plane and with John. From what I heard, he was very accomodating. That was nice to hear, a star being a regular guy, ........well, a regular guy with his own 707!

Dan

Comment

I heard 1.2 Million ws the number... I heard it from some Canadians???

Comment

Originally posted by BUD_XXX
                I heard 1.2 Million ws the number... I heard it from some Canadians???
                Canadians have it wrong. A TF for 1.2 would be a steal.

If it is "Tempus Fugit" it is going for 2.4 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by Warren_C

http://96lt4.com/smileys/linet50.gif

Comment

I flew a few airline trips with John Dawe, whose dad retired early from TWA and set up Travolta's 707 program and was his first pilot (Travolta is flying on a private license and for insurance reasons has to have a "real" captain in the right seat of both the Boeing and the G-2). Travolta was/is a great guy, still sends Christmas cards, loves aviation, takes it very seriously and is very conscientious, and the flack he took for landing the G-2 at DCA was as much the fault of his "supposed to be expert" in the right seat as his. He called his IP to find out what they did wrong and then went to the simulator to re-live the event and do it right.

Sure, most of us with his money would buy more "fun" airplanes, and I could care less about his fly-over, but the guy treats airplanes and aviation with the respect it deserves and doesn't expect to get is butt kissed and in fact has great respect for professional aviators.

And I'm sure he could help attract more fans/money to air racing given the right circumstances.

Ron Henning
                    Ron Henning

Comment

His 707 over Stead.......
                      Attached Files

Comment

So THAT's what the 707 was doing over Stead. I saw it go by and was saying to myself... "what the heck?" (or somehting like that)
                        Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                        My Photos
                        My Ride

Comment

Working...
                        X