No announcement yet.

SLO Air is up to no good Sport Class!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLO Air is up to no good Sport Class!!!

With Relentless NXT takin' a break our shop was too quiet to be two weeks before Reno! SOOOOOO I could not help myself, my Glasair III #42 is undergoing the usual major upgrade with only 14 days to Reno arrival!!!!! Can't discuss details but the the Sport Class at Reno this year has yet another serious contender in the Gold!!!

Turn it up boys and girls!
    Attached Files
    http://www.kevineldredge.com
    http://www.myairport.com
    sigpic

Re: SLO Air is up to no good Sport Class!!!

Going to be a pretty intense year this year! Woot!

Comment

...and with his new until now ultra secret clipped prop blades he will be able to save tons of weight with a radical short landing gear modification.

It's gonna be a year to remember.

Comment

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO noooooooo sani hut !!!!!!

BM

Comment

Kevin,

Now that's the spirit!!!!!!! How great is it to have, in the back of your hangar, a gold contender just waiting to be dusted off and primped up for the show. Not to trivilize the effort it will take to get her ready for Reno, but I do love your dedication. Go out onto the course young man and KICK SOME ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Good luck,and I will be looking for your new mount when I get to Reno.

Dave

Comment

"I think I'll call it 'Mini-Dreadnought'"!
            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Pay close attention to the detail of the photos..................

cj

Comment

8 minute whetted spot

Hey Paint Boy....

Regarding your quote on your post...., " How great is it to have, in the back of your hangar, a gold contender just waiting to be dusted off and primped up for the show."

You need to re-post this comment again and remove the "r" from the word "primped".

What other 4play event do wezguyz have (and goylz too) where you prepare for 525,592 minutes... that is reduced down to 8 minutes of action.

Hint... the first letter is "s" and the last letter is "x".

Geez, do the pilots really remove their clothes during those 8 minitutes .

I do believe the "section 3 peoples" are one zip away from mass stationary streaking.

My wife does this.... and walks away, i checked my marriage contract .... and im Okay (in California) other states you need to probably call the Lawyer Referral Sevvice.

B "tight pants" M

Comment

Originally posted by Simplym

cj

8 x 80 = 640 I think???? Have to come to 89506 zip code to see how fast a Glasair III can go!!! See you in 13 days!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Relentless
                    8 x 80 = 640 I think???? Have to come to 89506 zip code to see how fast a Glasair III can go!!! See you in 13 days!
                    80........85...........90.........does it really make a difference!

Got something going down with those cylinders?

Comment

Originally posted by Simplym
                      cj
                      So I'll guess that the actual engine going in is the TIO-540NXT that is shown in the first photo, not the 720, which would put it over the CID limit for the Sport Class -- right?

The 720 appears to be a display engine, thus the short prop. A friend suggested that the short prop came off of Mach Buster!
                      Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                        So I'll guess that the actual engine going in is the TIO-540NXT that is shown in the first photo, not the 720, which would put it over the CID limit for the Sport Class -- right?

The 720 appears to be a display engine, thus the short prop. A friend suggested that the short prop came off of Mach Buster!

Not an NXT 540 but something close. Too much info for now.
                        sigpic

Comment

Aaaah, a blown 580!
                          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

...Wit' big honkin' intercoolers an' runnin' 4 bar boost on alcohol an' HYDRAZINE and... and ...

Low crawls gibbering back into his cage. Sry, suffering from Reno withdrawl, can't make it this year.

Comment

As per my older post on the (brick size) 720 cid, flat 8 Lyc.... any future in sport class, versus the flat 6 and a long history in GA and 5 to 10? years of tweeking ? Humm

Sort of a parallel between the Griffon and the Merlin .... does the bigger motor, justify the performance gains?.

BM

ps
                              had a real old audio tape (cheepee)... sold at the drags of "the sounds of drag racing" of AA gas and nitro cars running..... of particular note was an "aircraft flat 8" running down the strip .... sounded real wierd !

Comment

Working...
                              X