Random Shot Of The Day - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Random Shot Of The Day - Part 2

Some years past my three air race buddies (now Co-Home Pylon Captains and the Deputy Chief Judge) and I decided that if, God forbid, we didn't race in September we would get together somewhere and celebrate the best way we can.

So, three of us leave Monday in my buddy's motorhome and we'll meet the fourth guy in Brian Head, UT., staying at a resort there but spending the evenings boondocking in the RV, watching our video's and thousands of pictures from Reno, cooking the usual dinners (Chowder, Oysters, Steaks, etc), and sitting around enjoying an adult beverage (or three) and making airplane noises! Should be a great week.

Certainly won't be the same not being at Stead.

Funny thing, the guy who owns the RV is driving from Calistoga to pick the two of us up in Carlsbad. He's spending tonight in Stead at St Michaels or someplace near the RARA hangar. He said he had to make that detour...the RV wouldn't let him just head straight south. That's Reno...

Will miss the sweet aroma of sage and jet exhaust...until 2021!
    Attached Files
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Owen,

How fun young man. The 2020 Reno Air Races will be alive in our hearts.

Heres a video for 5 classes of paper airplanes.

Practice, qualifying, and 3 days of races. Longest flight from standing position buys the beer/wins gold.

Subscribe for more amazing videos! ► https://bit.ly/33SNrhK ◄Fly World Record distances with these paper airplanes, try them all out and comment below what ...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0168.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	231455

One of my favorite people!

Pretty sure the only way I'd have been in a position to get this shot would be that it was during the shooting of Thunder over Reno. BTW, if anyone has a copy, I loaned out mine and have never been able to get it back!

I hope I finally have my email issues checked..

I have not been receiving email at my main address, no new message emails have gotten to me for a few days. My email digest is how I'm able to keep track of the board, I get an email each time anything happens there, I see it within seconds, that's just not beeen working and I could not even send email to myself from hotmail account.. they just disappeared!

Borked around in the guts of the server (remote C/P) unsure what I did that worked but something, so far, worked, and I'm getting emails to my account again.

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

2014 - Double Maydays

Both landed safely.

Comment

The hand temperature gauge - is it hotter out there than in here?

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
              Some years past my three air race buddies (now Co-Home Pylon Captains and the Deputy Chief Judge) and I decided that if, God forbid, we didn't race in September we would get together somewhere and celebrate the best way we can.

So, three of us leave Monday in my buddy's motorhome and we'll meet the fourth guy in Brian Head, UT., staying at a resort there but spending the evenings boondocking in the RV, watching our video's and thousands of pictures from Reno, cooking the usual dinners (Chowder, Oysters, Steaks, etc), and sitting around enjoying an adult beverage (or three) and making airplane noises! Should be a great week.

Certainly won't be the same not being at Stead.

Funny thing, the guy who owns the RV is driving from Calistoga to pick the two of us up in Carlsbad. He's spending tonight in Stead at St Michaels or someplace near the RARA hangar. He said he had to make that detour...the RV wouldn't let him just head straight south. That's Reno...

Will miss the sweet aroma of sage and jet exhaust...until 2021!
              Owen,

So very cool. Obviously, we all have someplace we would like to be in the days ahead but the underlying truth is the people and the shared experience have to be there too in order for it to be the event we obsess about 24/7/365. So glad you are going to take what life has given us for these days. Enjoy and with luck, we will all raise a glass together a year from now.

James

Comment

Sometimes, the shot just doesn't work out...
                Attached Files

Comment

2010 - I'm here, let's race!

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                    Sometimes, the shot just doesn't work out...
                    Anyone think we should start a thread about the "ones that got away shots"?

I certainly have a ton of them!!!!
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I can sort of imagine racing this thing, but what about landing it? As soon as you flare, the world ahead (including the runway!) is just going to disappear...

Photo by Birgitta
                      Attached Files

Comment

I can sort of imagine racing this thing, but what about landing it? As soon as you flare, the world ahead (including the runway!) is just going to disappear...

Photo by Birgitta
                        Your wife has a good eye, nice shot.

Love the depth in that shot, draws you in.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-10-2020, 12:08 PM. Reason: oops :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                          Your daughter is a "chip of the block" there young man.

Love the depth in that shot, draws you in.

Dawg, check PM
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                            Dawg, check PM
                            Wayne,

Oops, thanks for clarifying that.

Comment

Photo by Birgitta
                              Love this shot. I’ve tried to shoot it many times. Never captured one that pretty. Thanks.
                              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                                Anyone think we should start a thread about the "ones that got away shots"?

I certainly have a ton of them!!!!
                                Careful what you ask for, Wayne. You just got the server issue settled down. This would likely leave ther server farm a smoking hole in the ground! ;-)

Could be a very entertaining thread tho!
                                Owen Ashurst
                                Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                                http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X