Breathe!

Hahaha

Comment

Re: Unlimited Gold details?????

hoot!
        1960 Piper Comanche

Comment

Im not at the races, but I just got a text from my friend who is ... he said, "Strega won, Rare Bear was second, Voodoo had a mayday but is on the ground ok, and Dreadnought got third" ...
          Chris

Comment

489 average speed
            bear
            \dreadnought
            voodoo mayday
            1960 Piper Comanche

Comment

Any "race reports"?

Comment

Hey, don't hate on the reporters. Just got home and I live close! The race was a horizon job by Hoot. He jumped out at the beginning and ended up winning by almost half a lap. Voodoo never seemed to be right all week. Today they were trailing either vapor or smoke the whole race (unless it was some new boil off overflow or something). It was enough so I noticed it though. They were finally passed by the Bear on about lap 4 I think and immediately pulled up for a mayday. They were checking the screens for metal after the race. Maybe they just ran out of luck this year!

The Bear didn't seem to have any issues, just not fast enough! The airplane was dry afterwards. May have had an issue before landing but don't know for sure. Things get a little chaotic out there during the final race. It's hard to hear the radio over the play by play guys when you're in the stands also! Nice to see John Penny hanging out in the pit afterwards.

Got to congratulate the whole Strega crew. Nobody knew for sure what kind of effort they were going to put up this year (do we ever know with Tiger?), and Hoot flew like you would expect a space shuttle commander to fly. They simply kicked ass!

A really good day for racing. The formula 1 gold race was really good, and the jet race featured a last lap pass that the announcing team didn't even know was happening! It's also nice to see John Parker finally get a gold win after so many years trying.

A safe week with perfect weather and great racing. And one of America's finest astronauts is the champion. Could be worse! Hopefully the NBC TV show will be just as good!

Comment

thanks Rampman!

Comment

Originally posted by Rampman View Post
                    Hey, don't hate on the reporters. Just got home and I live close! The race was a horizon job by Hoot. He jumped out at the beginning and ended up winning by almost half a lap. Voodoo never seemed to be right all week. Today they were trailing either vapor or smoke the whole race (unless it was some new boil off overflow or something). It was enough so I noticed it though. They were finally passed by the Bear on about lap 4 I think and immediately pulled up for a mayday. They were checking the screens for metal after the race. Maybe they just ran out of luck this year!

The Bear didn't seem to have any issues, just not fast enough! The airplane was dry afterwards. May have had an issue before landing but don't know for sure. Things get a little chaotic out there during the final race. It's hard to hear the radio over the play by play guys when you're in the stands also! Nice to see John Penny hanging out in the pit afterwards.

Got to congratulate the whole Strega crew. Nobody knew for sure what kind of effort they were going to put up this year (do we ever know with Tiger?), and Hoot flew like you would expect a space shuttle commander to fly. They simply kicked ass!

A really good day for racing. The formula 1 gold race was really good, and the jet race featured a last lap pass that the announcing team didn't even know was happening! It's also nice to see John Parker finally get a gold win after so many years trying.

A safe week with perfect weather and great racing. And one of America's finest astronauts is the champion. Could be worse! Hopefully the NBC TV show will be just as good!

Vodooo ran out of water!

Comment

I was going to guess.. ran out of water.

Does their ADI tank also supply spray-bar. (Are they the same reservoir) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Airrace7 View Post
                        Vodooo ran out of water!
                        That would explain a lot of things. I wonder if it had anything to do with the supposed scoop modifications they did in the off season? I think they had the same thing going on Saturday also. If it was an engine problem they could have put the spare in Saturday night. They did it after qualifying a few years ago, so I assume they could do it over night. Tough, but that's a damn good crew.

Comment

Facebook says no metal in screens, cracked coolant tank. I still thought they would be stronger all week though.

Comment

Thanks for the details Rampman. My Dad and I went from 97 to 03, and then in 07. Haven't been back since, but the way things are looking, I will be back next year. I want to be there at least one more time in case the unthinkable happens, like the whole shoot'n match comes to an end with all the pressures coming down on it, God forbid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampman View Post
                              That would explain a lot of things. I wonder if it had anything to do with the supposed scoop modifications they did in the off season? I think they had the same thing going on Saturday also. If it was an engine problem they could have put the spare in Saturday night. They did it after qualifying a few years ago, so I assume they could do it over night. Tough, but that's a damn good crew.
                              Voodoo did not run out of water. There was no metal in the screens. Cracked the coolant header tank on lap 2. Other issues relating to the mayday still to be determined.

Comment

Working...
                              X