Critical Mass Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical Mass Update

Sniperjdp posted this video on youtube on Christmas eve. It shows Critical Mass getting it's new power plant.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDmy8...ure=digest_thu
    Bill Garnett
    InterstellarDust
    Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Re: Critical Mass Update

I thought the airplane was at Sanders in Ione. Where was that video shot?

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
      I thought the airplane was at Sanders in Ione. Where was that video shot?

I would venture to guess Tom Dwelle's place in Auburn, CA
      Glad to see the progress being made!

Comment

Anyone else sad to see this? I respect their decision...its their airplane.
        But for me, Sampson has his locks cut off....this is no longer Critical Mass.
        Chris the old foggy

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
          Anyone else sad to see this? I respect their decision...its their airplane.
          But for me, Sampson has his locks cut off....this is no longer Critical Mass.
          Chris the old foggy
          Agree

Comment

Thanks MX3....I am thinking of buying the Mona Lisa and restoring her to a blank sheet of canvas....

Comment

I just deleted a post that was pretty uninformed and not very fair to the Dwelle's...

This has been much discussed in other threads with direct commentary from the Dwelle family in-turn. I think their position was made fairly clear... Look at the half full glass... There's one hell of a lot better chance that we'll see the airplane around the sticks as currently configged...

Go easy on the owners OK guys!?
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

hmm was my post...just stating its all good. I think the title should be deleted and a new one added. "The aircraft previously known as "Critical Mass Update" Its no longer the same plane. Thats not a bad deal just facts. Its going to be an awesome 2 place Sea Fury. I had read that it wont be getting a race paint job either...I prefer but hey Im not the one writing the checks. Anyhow way off point. As I should have said in the first post...Awesome progress and look forward to seeing ANYTHING round the pylons.

Comment

How cool is it that the Dwelle family and the Sanders have kept us in the loop on the restoration process? Does not happen to often. Thank YOU!

Steve C.
                  Last edited by Reever; 12-30-2011, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotahp1 View Post
                    hmm was my post...just stating its all good. I think the title should be deleted and a new one added. "The aircraft previously known as "Critical Mass Update" Its no longer the same plane. Thats not a bad deal just facts. Its going to be an awesome 2 place Sea Fury. I had read that it wont be getting a race paint job either...I prefer but hey Im not the one writing the checks. Anyhow way off point. As I should have said in the first post...Awesome progress and look forward to seeing ANYTHING round the pylons.
                    Yea, the thread title might be a bit misleading but... she may have an extra cockpit and not look the same but I think as long as the Dwelle's own her, we're all going to call the AC Critical Mass..

There really was only one sentence in your original post, regarding financial position of owner.. .struck me as inappropriate considering the down-to-earth folks the Dwelle's are.
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

On Youtube I am the user "sniperjdp" that recorded the video you are talking about. 404 views in just 2 days. I am honored that my video made it onto your site along with the sites "Alltop RSS" and "Indytransponder.blogspot". I just now added more information about this project on my video page. (go back to it to see the updated information). I was there when Tom Dwelle got Critcal Mass at the Auburn Airport many years ago, saw the work that they did to it over the years, helped with the Avionics, video taped it racing in Reno several times. One still photograph I shot of this aircraft was used in a Reno International Air Race Program several years ago. Being that I am at the Airport where this plane is being put back together I will try to provide you all with updates and more photos and videos.

Comment

Thanks AirJohn. Although many of us greatly miss CM, at the end of the day I'd rather see a two place Fury flying in the US than have a retired racer sold off to someone in Europe. And if the Dwelles bring it back to Reno, I'll still support them.
                        No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                        http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Working...
                        X