Oshkosh 2019 Random Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oshkosh 2019 Random Images

Nice photos. I'd like to see never seen photos of all the various vendors and displays they have at the event.

Comment

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
      I can only presume that that this one isn't used because there's is a better one similar to it?
      Not sure. I know there isn't one from the night before. That shot was nearly a silhouette and was super dark. Lots of post processing went into bringing the light balance back.

The P51s were all being placed for a family photo that a fellow AAFO reader spent months setting up that was to happen at dawn the following morning. I have an awesome shot that I took from the top of the tug used to place all the planes, but I can't ever share it publicly since I respect the time and effort that went into the group photo. ( I had no idea that I wasn't supposed to shoot the pic until after I got back to the photo shack and was processing it as the mastermind behind the shot walked through the door and saw it.) Perhaps Connor will read this and fill you guys in on the effort he put into his group shoot. The groundwork to make the shot happen took months.

Will

Comment

No planes in this, but you can see the tower.

Will

Comment

A few more of mine that were released by the EAA

And some black and white that I finished last night. I haven't submitted the color versions.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
            A few more of mine that were released by the EAA
            <>

Will
            wow. ....
            remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Will

Comment

This shot was just too cool to sit on.

And some others...

Will

Comment

So many cool pictures! It was an awesome year!
                  Random Air Blog

Comment

I've got a couple shots in Sport Aviation next month.

and here are a few that just didn't work all that well in color, but seem to be good in black and white.

Enjoy,
                    Will

Comment

Beautiful stuff Will! Please continue!!!!!!!
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Will,

Absolutely stunning shots young man. You have evolved into one heck of a photographer with a good style.

I still look at the folder of shots you gave me years ago when the USS Iowa was getting towed out of the bay, still amazed that you rode your bike from the Kirby Cove to Point Bonito as she was being towed out to sea.

Someday you will be world famous and we can say he came with us up to the cheap seats on the hill

Thanks for sharing with all your friends here.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                          Will,

Absolutely stunning shots young man. You have evolved into one heck of a photographer with a good style.

I still look at the folder of shots you gave me years ago when the USS Iowa was getting towed out of the bay, still amazed that you rode your bike from the Kirby Cove to Point Bonito as she was being towed out to sea.

Someday you will be world famous and we can say he came with us up to the cheap seats on the hill

Thanks for sharing with all your friends here.

Thanks. Yeah that was a pretty epic chase I had with the Iowa. If I had the chance to do it again, I would. (With even better equipment.)

As for being world famous, that would be cool, but it appears that the competition is pretty tough, but one can always dream. As for being in the cheap seats on the hill, those are some of the best seats around. I've shot some of my best stuff from up there, and both Dusty Dowd and Full Noise were able to find some speed by seeing what I shot up there. That is why I continue to make my way up there on Saturday. Heck, next year I might be up there more than once in support of Dusty, his friend Bill, and possibly Full Noise. (No guarantee on any of those guys making it, but Dusty is really hoping to, Bill Shepard would like to, and Graeme is trying to make it happen.)

I'm always happy to share my stuff. Its nice to have people who appreciate it.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                            I've got a couple shots in Sport Aviation next month.

and here are a few that just didn't work all that well in color, but seem to be good in black and white.

Enjoy,
                            Will
                            Remarkable imagery, sir! Well done, indeed!
                            Owen Ashurst
                            Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                            http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X