Ely NV races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ely NV races

Practice starts today. Who is going? I couldn’t make it so I’m depending on other people and maybe Air Race 1 will do some coverage.

Biggest news in F1 right now is that Last Lap Player has a new T-tail and that Justin Meaders has his Snoshoo flying.
    "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Re: Ely NV races

Awesome!! thanks for the heads up.

Comment

deleted
      Last edited by Bob; 06-13-2018, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
        Practice starts today. Who is going? I couldn’t make it so I’m depending on other people and maybe Air Race 1 will do some coverage.

Biggest news in F1 right now is that Last Lap Player has a new T-tail and that Justin Meaders has his Snoshoo flying.
        Thanks for the heads-up. Wish I could go, but it's the 99th Reno Rodeo and my daughter will be in town.

I doubt next year either since it will be the 100th.

Hopefully some AAFOers will go and post lots of pics.

Hey Will, you like to ride your bike, highway is a popular trip across Nevada for peddlers. If you leave today you can make it by Friday :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
          Thanks for the heads-up. Wish I could go, but it's the 99th Reno Rodeo and my daughter will be in town.

I doubt next year either since it will be the 100th.

Hopefully some AAFOers will go and post lots of pics.

Hey Will, you like to ride your bike, highway is a popular trip across Nevada for peddlers. If you leave today you can make it by Friday :-)

I'd love to be up there shooting pics, but no dice. As far as riding up there, I've only been on my bike 6 times this year. I think it would take a bit longer than that.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
            I'd love to be up there shooting pics, but no dice. As far as riding up there, I've only been on my bike 6 times this year. I think it would take a bit longer than that.

Will
            Coming up, the 27th Oatbran Ride across Nevada

Oatbran is a week long cycling ride across Nevada. Join us for an adventure as we cycle America's Loneliest Road.

Comment

My son in law lives in Eureka, Nevada, 1 hours drive west of Ely, he's heard Ely has had a good response to this event.

Would be nice, love the area. Tie it into a longer vacation.

Many things to see around Ely

Railroad Museum
              The Original Locomotives, Yard, and Shops. It is all here and operating throughout the year for your enjoyment. Come, share history with us. 90 minute train excursions pulled by our original steam locomotives, overnight in a real caboose in the yard, or join us in the cab for a ride. You can even arrange to be at the trottle on your very own run up the mountain

Cave Lake State Park
              A year-round park, Cave Lake features a 32-acre reservoir that provides excellent trout fishing, boating, swimming, hiking and camping. Winter activities include ice-sculpting, sledding, snowmobiling, ice-skating, ice fishing, cross-country skiing and hunting.

Great Basin National Park
              From the 13,063-foot summit of Wheeler Peak to the sagebrush-covered foothills, Great Basin National Park hosts a sample of the incredible diversity of the larger Great Basin region. Come and partake of the solitude of the wilderness, walk among ancient bristlecone pines, bask in the darkest of night skies, and explore mysterious subterranean passages. There's a lot more than just desert here.

Comment

Had planned on flying in with a friend but now have a wedding in Cali that I have to go to.
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

The Staff and Volunteers from Ely and White Pine County did a Great job for their 'First' time. Hospitality was 'Over the Top'. Lessons learned will Surely bring a better experience next year. All of the IF1 pilots and crews told me that " Those who did not make it will wish they had" . The dates are set for June 13 to June 16, 2019. Everyone in White Pine County is excited to continue this event. They set the Bar high for and hope to exceed it for 2019. Thanks to All for letting me be a part of it.

Airboss

Comment

Originally posted by beachboss View Post
                    The Staff and Volunteers from Ely and White Pine County did a Great job for their 'First' time. Hospitality was 'Over the Top'. Lessons learned will Surely bring a better experience next year. All of the IF1 pilots and crews told me that " Those who did not make it will wish they had" . The dates are set for June 13 to June 16, 2019. Everyone in White Pine County is excited to continue this event. They set the Bar high for and hope to exceed it for 2019. Thanks to All for letting me be a part of it.

Airboss
                    Good news, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
                    X