Unlimited qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlimited qualifying

See the reports are up. Did any of the superstangs go up for the first session today?

Re: Unlimited qualifying

Strega hadn't gone up when I left @1740. Conflicting speeds for Voodoo as it seems under one timing chart they figured 434.4MPH & using another timing chart they had in the 450s. I over heard there was an engine valve problem which was fixable. Right after Voodoo landed I understand Stevo jumped in the back of Wee Willie II P 51 flown by Steve Sr. & they were headed back to Chino to pick up the T-33 Jet, Sr. flying back the jet & Jr. the P51. Nothing like father son in formation.
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Strega didn't go up. I didn't hear Stevo call for the clock either. The "new" course is certainly F'ing things up. NAG doesn't have any timing sheets because RARA hasn't given them a new course length and chit runs down hill.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
        Strega hadn't gone up when I left @1740. Conflicting speeds for Voodoo as it seems under one timing chart they figured 434.4MPH & using another timing chart they had in the 450s. I over heard there was an engine valve problem which was fixable. Right after Voodoo landed I understand Stevo jumped in the back of Wee Willie II P 51 flown by Steve Sr. & they were headed back to Chino to pick up the T-33 Jet, Sr. flying back the jet & Jr. the P51. Nothing like father son in formation.
        Voodoo sounded great as it entered the course but by it's third lap, it sounded wounded.

Tiger was not concerned with getting Strega out yesterday. Everybody was going to be out for Monday's sessions and he really didn't need to do that. Strega is only qualifying against one plane and it's already hurt. He could send Jay and the witch up today and have a nice, easy session.

Others not to qualif; Dread, Argo, SawBones...?

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
          Strega didn't go up. I didn't hear Stevo call for the clock either. The "new" course is certainly F'ing things up. NAG doesn't have any timing sheets because RARA hasn't given them a new course length and chit runs down hill.
          "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

I'll be damned. I'd still rather have a sheet of paper.

Comment

Yea it's literally right there I'm not sure why this is so difficult for timing. So far I'm with the if it ain't broke don't fix it. I thought pylon to pylon was going to be a good change but I feel everything's "off" with speeds and times this year
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Strega Motor? - Is it a Nixon / Flores?

I assume Voodoo's current motor is being looked after by Mr. Flores based on the record project?

Comment

Originally posted by o4asf260 View Post
                  Strega Motor? - Is it a Nixon / Flores?

I assume Voodoo's current motor is being looked after by Mr. Flores based on the record project?
                  Yes and yes, the record engine is at the shop set to arrive today or tomorrow (more likely), better to have 2..
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Jose is going to have a busy weekend...

Spent many nights out late watching him (and Steve) doing the service. Much respect for him and his crew. They should get more credit... Now he (his motor) owns a record and a 554 mph pass!!! Can't be easy to operate at those levels.

Comment

Looks like some rare fan and photog ops in the back-markers: the A-model, Wildcat, P-40 and Spitfire are on the list within 5 mph. Potentially some of the best groupings in ages!

Comment

Did strega not go up today?

Nice work Stevo !

Comment

479.364 for Voodoo, (489 with the old timing if my math was correct).

I'm guessing Strega will go up during the second session?

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post

Hope so. Though it is fun to watch Strega race through heats.....when the canopy stays on....

Maybe they just want a nice clear course so they can post a 505?

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post

That's what the crew said
                              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                              X