Reno 2021 photo thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Reno 2021 photo thread.

Thanks for continuing to share your photos, Kenn and Will!
    Zac in NZ

Comment

Originally posted by ZacYates View Post
      Thanks for continuing to share your photos, Kenn and Will!
      Can you see any of mine? They all seem to have vanished.

Will

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Will Campbell5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	231998

Name:	Will Campbell49.jpg
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	231999

Name:	_D852483-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	232000

Name:	_D852674-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	232001

Name:	_D852691-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	232002

Name:	_D852704-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	232003

Name:	_D852924-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	232004

Name:	_D852955-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	232005

Name:	_D853049.jpg
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	232006

Name:	_D853133-Edit.jpg
ID:	232007

Name:	_D853205-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	232008

Name:	_D853312-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	232009

Name:	_D853755-2.jpg
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	232010

Name:	_D853756-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	232011

Name:	_D853823-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	232012

Name:	_D853885.jpg
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	232013

Finding files that are less than 2mb to directly upload is tough. Ive gone through about 500 images, and so far these are all I can directly upload. There must be a way to bump to more than less than 2mb image size.

Will

Comment

Name:	_D854016-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	232014

Name:	_D854251-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	232015

Name:	_D854255-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	232016

Name:	_D854263-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	232017

Name:	_D854271-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	232018

Name:	_D854293-Edit.jpg
ID:	232019

Name:	_D854314-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	232020

Name:	_D854338-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	232021

Name:	_D854480-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	232022

Name:	_D855595.jpg
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	232023

Name:	_D855846-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	232024

Name:	_D855939-Edit.jpg
ID:	232025

Name:	_D856100-Edit.jpg
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	232026

Name:	_D856504-Edit.jpg
ID:	232027

Thats all I have that I can directly upload to the site.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post

Will
            The old ones have vanished, frustratingly. But I did see and enjoy them first time around!
            Zac in NZ

Comment

Will
              Hey Will, I looked at the raw code of your posts, apparently, the host where you had them dropped them? If I strip out a URL of a photo (hit edit post and pull the actual URL of your photos) it goes to a page that says bad link.

Put em here on the server and as long as we keep er alive (got enough in the bank to buy another year in April when we have to renew) this is the reason I keep this site on a dedicated box... pretty much just like having your desktop in a datacenter hooked to HUGE pipes to the world. If we hosted on someone else's box, they would severely limit our ability to ensure longevity... make sense??
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                Hey Will, I looked at the raw code of your posts, apparently, the host where you had them dropped them? If I strip out a URL of a photo (hit edit post and pull the actual URL of your photos) it goes to a page that says bad link.

Put em here on the server and as long as we keep er alive (got enough in the bank to buy another year in April when we have to renew) this is the reason I keep this site on a dedicated box... pretty much just like having your desktop in a datacenter hooked to HUGE pipes to the world. If we hosted on someone else's box, they would severely limit our ability to ensure longevity... make sense??
                I would post them here, but with a file size of less than 2mb, they are all too big. I posted all the ones that fit, but most of the stuff I have is 10+mb, a couple are over 30mb. If there were a way to increase the file size to say 10mb, that would allow a lot more images from everyone to be uploaded. Yes, the forum software resizes to fit, but short of saving the original file after processing to be no more than 1.99mb is defeating the purpose of a modern high res camera. I'd guess anyone shooting a modern high megapixel DSLR will have trouble getting images shot in RAW down to a file size that small. The bunch of images I did manage to upload to the site were all ones I cropped the heck out of with little actual data in them.

It would be great to have everyone's images saved here for historical purposes, but the file size is a very limiting factor for doing so. Yes, there is a fine line between server storage space and file size, but less than 2mb (I tried uploading an image that was exactly 2.00mb and it wouldn't work) is tough.

Will

Comment

From Heat 2A

Attached Files
                  Last edited by kennsmithf2g; 01-23-2022, 07:45 PM.
                  May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

Let me look into the settings. I know the board does reformat/resize images that are larger than its limit... I guess I mean, I "think" it does that LOL!

If I remember correctly, what I always did with shots I uploaded was to use photoshop's "save for web" option. I think I had options but can't remember.

Anyway, let's try to do the math at what's realistic and go from there.. Currently we're on a .5 terabyte single drive. Let me have a look at what we're actually using and somebody please do the math to come up with a file size v image quality goal.

ALSO!!!

I'd urge you to try the gallery feature of the board software.. I *think* it might have bigger limits... totally not sure on that but it does give you a lot of latitude on what you do with your image, sharing and such. You can link gallery photos to posts. It's a feature none of us have really explored but I think it might be time!

We're renewing again in April, I'll see what kind of deal I can get us for more HD space.. Since we don't really use that much of the available bandwidth to the server, I might be able to swing a deal... crossed fingers!
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I tried uploading a 2.08mb pic into the album, but it was a no go. Too big.

Will

Comment

I tried uploading a 2.08mb pic into the album, but it was a no go. Too big.

Will
                        I just updated the max file size to 3000000 bytes, which is somewhere around 3mb... try it again, I believe it was not the file size but dimensions because I'd had that set.. I've set it to, I THINK, unlimited.. let's see how this werks!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

A 2.11mb image didn't work as a direct upload to this thread... trying to upload to the album now. Tried the same image in the album and no go.

Will
                          Last edited by RAD2LTR; 01-24-2022, 05:55 PM.

Comment

A 2.11mb image didn't work as a direct upload to this thread... trying to upload to the album now. Tried the same image in the album and no go.

Will
                            As I've said before, my current health bull****, has made it impossible for me to remember the nuances of running this board...

Lets commit to work on it for sure! I've never had an issue uploading a version of my images made suitable for web viewing, casual downloading and printing. You may be asking for more than we can provide.. being realistic.. If your original host found that you had taxed their system and dropped you... ???

For now, lets all agree to only upload our most outstanding images here at full size. I will agree to work on making it easier to save shots here. I will say... none if you want to upload your images in full resolution where somoene can simply download full res image, print and bye bye!

We all work very hard to perfect our images.. I will work equally hard to protect them and allow reasonable space for all members to upload and archive here...

As of now, I can offer a 12 month guarantee your images will be here 12 months from now..

Remembering, I have no intention of growing this site, I'm RETIRED, too frickin' old to be of value to any future multimedia efforts.. it's just this site that keeps my legacy connected.

I'd like you guys to figure out the data space needed to archive the stuff you want to archive.. Then I can go to a host and see what we can arrange for a long term hosting situation. I was very satisfied being at IBM but, it cost me persponally hundred eighty a month that I had to figure a way to pay, personally..

As of now, we've done one year at YOUR expense.. In April, we have to renew, or move.. Usually moving is cheaper due to the datacenters wanting your business.

I don't like the one we're at and I'm going to try to negotiate an off line contract based on what we really need/use here..

Going to bed, thanks for the support!
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Will
                              Will email me or link me to image file. I'd like to attempt an upload to see what happens.

We can work this out!
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

"I'd urge you to try the gallery feature of the board software.. I *think* it might have bigger limits... totally not sure on that but it does give you a lot of latitude on what you do with your image, sharing and such. You can link gallery photos to posts. It's a feature none of us have really explored but I think it might be time!"

I use this feature for all my posts and have no issues. I upload my full size photos up to my SmugMug site and link them from there. Some of them are quite large.

Kenn
                                May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

Working...
                                X