Re: Sooooo... Who's Winning?!

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
      Aftermath...
      Thank God Curt's OK!!!!!!!!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

In regards to the mods on Ridge Runner. The engine was a RR engine that was going to be put in Dago. When that was no longer an option it was decided to install it in RR. The dog house was stock. The scoop and other mods were done by the RR crew. No parts from Dago were used.

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
          Haha, more like 10/20. Its taken YEARS of practice. Its when I shoot 1/40 at 500mm that the capture rate starts getting low.

Shooting from the hillside is tough, its a long distance shot, and the wind can really buffet the lens making the shot tricky.

Yes, to take the shot you need to pan, and it will take a ton of practice. You have to pan the shot in order to get a clear subject at a shutter speed slow enough to get prop blur. The more prop blur you want, the slower the shutter speed needs to be. Try shooting in shutter priority, let the camera figure out the exposure, and set your ISO somewhat low (about 100) so you don't end up over exposing the shot, or ending up with diffraction issues from using a high F stop.

Will
          At that shutter speed I am assuming you are using vibration reducing lenses. Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by aerojock View Post
            At that shutter speed I am assuming you are using vibration reducing lenses. Correct?
            200-500 F5.3VR. In sport mode. (for panning.) Great lens for the price. (If you shoot Nikon.)

Will

Comment

Working...
            X