Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RACERS ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Gonna miss Dusty for sure! I forgot about the crop dusting part, thought Nelson's accident might have been a factor too. But yes John is beint incredibly secretive with that plane. Polar Bear wouldn't be historically accurate since Shanty was a B model. But...
    I don't know the reason for sure, but I reached out to him to see what was up and will report back what he says.

I only know Shanty as a B model as well, it's got me puzzled that's for sure!

Comment

The "Shanty Irish" is just a name. No new 357th B model or anything. It is funny that you guys are thinking that because I though the same thing when I heard it! We are working hard and all will be revealed soon. Great turn out for all the classes this year and it should be a great one to go to! LJ

Comment

looks Like Pete Z found another Vampire?

Comment

Originally posted by Mus262 View Post
          The "Shanty Irish" is just a name. No new 357th B model or anything. It is funny that you guys are thinking that because I though the same thing when I heard it! We are working hard and all will be revealed soon. Great turn out for all the classes this year and it should be a great one to go to! LJ

We are slowly getting closer and closer to finding it out... can't wait keep us posted LJ!

Wish there was a secret B model in the works though
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

We are slowly getting closer and closer to finding it out... can't wait keep us posted LJ!

Wish there was a secret B model in the works though
            +1 for all of the above!

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
              looks Like Pete Z found another Vampire?
              He said last year there was another airframe they were going to bring... Pete is a SUPER nice guy and we wish him well this year! GO Z!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Here's a quote straight from Dusty as to why he won't be there with his Yak:

RAIN EVERY DAY HERE. FIELDS FLOODED AND WEEDS GROWING LIKE……..WEEDS. THE FARMERS CAN’T GET IN THE FIELDS WITH TRACTORS OR GROUND SPRAY RIGS, SO THE AIRPLANES ARE THE ONLY HOPE TO GET THE GROUND READY FOR FALL WHEAT PLANTING. I HAVEN’T HAD A DAY OFF IN THREE MONTHS AND I’M GETTIN’ KINDA TIRED AT TIMES……… IT’S KILLING ME NOT TAKING THE YAK

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                  He said last year there was another airframe they were going to bring... Pete is a SUPER nice guy and we wish him well this year! GO Z!
                  One of my favorites!!

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
                    Here's a quote straight from Dusty as to why he won't be there with his Yak:

RAIN EVERY DAY HERE. FIELDS FLOODED AND WEEDS GROWING LIKE……..WEEDS. THE FARMERS CAN’T GET IN THE FIELDS WITH TRACTORS OR GROUND SPRAY RIGS, SO THE AIRPLANES ARE THE ONLY HOPE TO GET THE GROUND READY FOR FALL WHEAT PLANTING. I HAVEN’T HAD A DAY OFF IN THREE MONTHS AND I’M GETTIN’ KINDA TIRED AT TIMES……… IT’S KILLING ME NOT TAKING THE YAK
                    Guess you were right I was hoping to see Dusty in the gold this year
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I was too!

Comment

Damn Weeds!

Comment

Is Steve Senegal – Endeavor really going to show?
                          New wing or repaired old one?

Comment

I'm bummed here as well. On the upside however, killing grasshoppers funds go fast mods for next year. It also helps with offsetting the cost of the A model rebuild.

I look forward to seeing what the New Zealand Yak can do. Also great to see that Pete Z will be back in another Vampire. I'd love to see two Vampires in the winner circle this year.

All in all, despite Rare Bear, 232, and Precious Metal not racing, I think it will still be a great week of racing.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Sierra View Post
                              Is Steve Senegal – Endeavor really going to show?
                              New wing or repaired old one?
                              I assume it has to be a new wing. The way the original wing was constructed, spar damage cannnot be repaired safely.

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                                I'm bummed here as well. On the upside however, killing grasshoppers funds go fast mods for next year. It also helps with offsetting the cost of the A model rebuild.

I look forward to seeing what the New Zealand Yak can do. Also great to see that Pete Z will be back in another Vampire. I'd love to see two Vampires in the winner circle this year.

All in all, despite Rare Bear, 232, and Precious Metal not racing, I think it will still be a great week of racing.

Will
                                Very true about the speed mods! Lol. And the A model is supposedly Shanty Irish with LJ. It'll be gorgeous and should be done in time for Reno the way they're working on it
                                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                                X