Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Unlimited Saftey Stand Down

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    Ummmm race control and/or spotters! And it would be no different then calling a mayday. The pilots have sight of one another and talk on the radio quite often. How do you think we learned about the clam shell door?! So instead of belittling someone that has raced since they were 5 years old and pointing of the differences between the two you can simply give some thought before you bark out even a snarky answer.
    Don't mean to be argumentative, just don't agree with you from the standpoint of a racing pilot rather than my sports car racing and karting experience.
    I have a tool box too, doesn't mean I know everything.

You have not understood my points or you would've addressed the details of the speed and energy involved. I don't often come and post here anymore because of the difference in trying to relate information here compared to the opinion arguments.
    It's OK, no one asked us what our opinions are up in the Ivory Tower and they'll do what they want anyway!
    Chris...
    Last edited by stuntflyr; 06-19-2013, 02:10 PM. Reason: bad grammar

Comment

Man people are so quick to grab a hammer and stick a nail in the Unlimited class/division. I think a ton of people are going to be surprised at the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
        Man people are so quick to grab a hammer and stick a nail in the Unlimited class/division. I think a ton of people are going to be surprised at the outcome.
        I think this is a case of people reacting to the information provided, and then running a bit with it. If you just look at what we've been told to date by Matt and RARA, it really isn't all that positive to anyone that is very familiar with the air races. I'm hoping that the fact that new information isn't coming out is because the powers that be figured out that they weren't going to come to any agreements through press releases and Major Announcements. All that did was generate a lot of confusion and fear about the future of our beloved races. With any luck, things are back behind closed doors where they belong. AND NO COMING OUT UNTIL YOU CAN GET ALONG! Hey, it works with my kids..................sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by PowerByPackard View Post
          With any luck, things are back behind closed doors where they belong. AND NO COMING OUT UNTIL YOU CAN GET ALONG! Hey, it works with my kids..................sometimes!
          Yes, a time out sitting in the corner worked with my kids, but so did bribery with bubble gum.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerByPackard View Post
            I think this is a case of people reacting to the information provided, and then running a bit with it. If you just look at what we've been told to date by Matt and RARA, it really isn't all that positive to anyone that is very familiar with the air races.
            That is a very good point, those 2 statements alone may have a detrimental effect on the future of the air races if nothing informative gets released in the near term??

Again, just a long term fan's opinion on the outside looking in.

Comment

I would not attend the NHRA drag races if the Funny cars and Top fuel dragsters were eliminated by stupid regulations.
              I spend allot of $ to attend these races every year. If things don't change soon I'm out.
              No offense to the other classes but to be honest If drag racing didn't have nitro they would be done.
              Dam this pisses me off.............................
              Last edited by Magdrop; 06-19-2013, 05:04 PM.
              Brad
              Windy Hill GA83

Comment

Originally posted by f1-69 View Post
                In and up is the mayday, not to mention that there are four other courses other than unlimited , no biggie no one watches those other classes anyway
                Phil, I hope there's some effort being made within the F1 class (Sport, too) to find venues in addition to Reno. I'm reminded of a cliche about "(not) having all your eggs in one basket..."

This debacle is a rather strong example of why not.

I'm certainly looking forward to a good F1 race between Endeavour, Sept. Fate and your DG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Magdrop View Post
                  I would not attend the NHRA drag races if the Funny cars and Top fuel dragsters were eliminated by stupid regulations.
                  I spend allot of $ to attend these races every year. If things don't change soon I'm out.
                  No offense to the other classes but to be honest If drag racing didn't have nitro they would be done.
                  Dam this pisses me off.............................
                  Agreed. No big guns, I'm taking my money to maybe Austin for F1.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntflyr View Post
                    Unlimited Warbird Racing Class is (will be, but I'm more certain it already is) the P-40 class in a few years. It was inevitable to have a slow down of the racers, with the same sound and size as the old racers, making the next period of air racing.

Chris...
                    As the sole representative of the only people to own and race P-40's at Reno (grand total of two), I think this is an incredible idea! We did manage to win a heat race in 2009 in "Parrothead" so I'm pretty sure with a few little tiny mods, a few tweaks, some secret buttons in the cockpit and one or two other "race secrets" the newly proposed P-40 Class should be able to reach speeds in excess of 900mph on the current course by my calculations. I've spoken with Stevo about this and I'm pretty sure that this is what has led to all of the drama.

Rest assured, it won't be Parade laps though, in the new P-40 Class it is required that we install and use (for no less than 3 laps) an afterburner. (seriously top-secret technology)

This is gonna be great!

JC

P.S. We will also be required to fly the entire race inverted.

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post
                      P.S. We will also be required to fly the entire race inverted.
                      That.....would......HURT......

Comment

the newly proposed P-40 Class should be able to reach speeds in excess of 900mph
                        JC,

Wanna trade a P-40 for a race Mustang? It's really pretty...

TR

Comment

....some secret buttons in the cockpit....
                          A P-40 with jacks, traction tires, homing pigeon, and retractable saws.

EPIC.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                            A P-40 with jacks, traction tires, homing pigeon, and retractable saws.

EPIC.

Holy Cow..... the Mach Five!

Nice touch.

JC

Comment

Originally posted by Thom Richard View Post
                              JC,

Wanna trade a P-40 for a race Mustang? It's really pretty...

TR
                              If only we had spoke a few days ago before I started fabricating the Air Bag system ( Thank you Deimert ) in the cockpit in conjunction with the Afterburner set up!

PM is looking very pretty though, that's for sure.

JC

Comment

before I started fabricating the Air Bag system ( Thank you Deimert )
                                Now THAT'S funny right there.

I can't remember where (maybe on WIX) but someone had visited his place and Chris's 'chase car' was still around....good to know when you're ready to flight-test.

Comment

Working...
                                X