Oshkosh 2018 random images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oshkosh 2018 random images

Kiwi - I think the Meteor only made one pass. I would have liked to see it more. Loved seeing the rotary run.

Will - I really think those night shots are fantastic! I mean, I really, really like those.

Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
      This has the makings of an epic thread...

Time to edit more pics.
      Will
      Can you tell us more about what this is. It looks like two Eastern Block trainers with a pulse jet to me.
      Last edited by Colbourne; 08-04-2018, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Pilot Jeff Boerboon debuts the unique Yak-110 with an aerobatic performance at the 2018 EAA AirVenture airshow in Oshkosh, WI. This aircraft is two Yak-55s m...

Sounds like a turbine , once I found the video

Comment

Was going to make some really pertinent statement about all that has been shared here..

But...

For those of us who did not get to go, I can only say...

WOW Thanks for sharing!!!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Will,

The yellow float plane and corsair sun rise capture my attention, great stuff.

Too bad they couldn't tie-off the anchor buoy between the floats, but regardless the colors just pop.

Thank you Bill and Will for sharing your adventures to Oshkosh.

Comment

Originally posted by Colbourne View Post
              Can you tell us more about what this is. It looks like two Eastern Block trainers with a pulse jet to me.
              Hello Colbourne,

Close. It is two Yak 55 aerobatic planes that have been joined by a new center wing section, and with a General Electric CJ610 jet strapped under it for good measure. They call it the Yak 110 (get it, Yak 55 x 2). Linked below is a video about the build.

Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Quite a Pilot managing 2 Radials + the 1 Jet. I wish they would make Reno. How about another Class for that type?
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                  Will,

The yellow float plane and corsair sun rise capture my attention, great stuff.

Too bad they couldn't tie-off the anchor buoy between the floats, but regardless the colors just pop.

Thank you Bill and Will for sharing your adventures to Oshkosh.

The yellow plane on floats I think is a Stinson 108-3 (I can't remember which pic I posted, might also be a Cub. I'm in spincycle thrash mode trying to get a car ready for the Monterey Historics in a couple weeks, on top of work, on top of trying to get pics processed. I'm starting to go kinda brain dead.) Yes, the light was really nice at the float plane base. The reason they tied the anchor buoy around the prop was so that the plane would weathervane into the wind. There was another reason but I can't think of it right now.

The Corsair shots were at sunset, there were some epic ones to shoot pics during. Yes, those corsair pics are some of my favorites that I shot so far. I've got more good ones, but they are on another card.

I'll have pics to post for the next 6 months. I have a lot to process and there should be some really awesome ones.

Will

Comment

Thanks for sharing these. Some amazing stuff.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

DANG,Will...….SPECTACULAR shots (as usual). Really like the F-15 shots. Essence of Eagle.

GREAT work!!

Comment

The yellow plane on floats I think is a Stinson 108-3 (I can't remember which pic I posted, might also be a Cub. I'm in spincycle thrash mode trying to get a car ready for the Monterey Historics in a couple weeks, on top of work, on top of trying to get pics processed. I'm starting to go kinda brain dead.) Yes, the light was really nice at the float plane base. The reason they tied the anchor buoy around the prop was so that the plane would weathervane into the wind. There was another reason but I can't think of it right now.

The Corsair shots were at sunset, there were some epic ones to shoot pics during. Yes, those corsair pics are some of my favorites that I shot so far. I've got more good ones, but they are on another card.

I'll have pics to post for the next 6 months. I have a lot to process and there should be some really awesome ones.

Will
                        Correction, the blue and yellow plane on floats is a Piper PA-12 Super Cruiser with a radial on it. It took me a LONG time to figure out what it was. Honestly, I think that was the coolest float plane there. There was also a Stinson 108-3 in all yellow that looked really good.

Will

Comment

Keep up the outstanding work Will!

Here are a few more. Its getting hard to remember which I have posted.

Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Bill,
                            That last shot of the Super Chipmunk at night is awesome. Nice work. Well done with the F22 (not) on the tanker. I've got a similar shot but more head on as I was at the end of the runway.

I'll try and get some more pics posted this evening.

Will

Comment

Thanks Will. I can't wait to see more of your pics. This thread has been a lot of fun. I think it is pretty neat to see the same subject from a completely different perspective or in a different style.
                              Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

This has the makings of an epic thread...

Will
                                Really, ya' think.....well, I think this is more along the lines of MONUMENTALLY STUPENDOUS
                                Compositions, Colors, Clarity and out of this world subject matter! You two gentlemen have hit it WAY out of the park!

...jussayin'
                                Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Working...
                                X