Bird strike (nemesis or otherwise)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bird strike (nemesis or otherwise)

i dont know why we dont have more races,we should ,there are a few places that still want races. we should have a series of races and make reno like the daytona 500 (grand pubah) of the series.

Comment

I think it would be cool to initiate a competition in all catagories of aviation from Sailplane racing to Red Bull, Reno, lighter than air, aerobatics, parachutes, etc.,etc...Win points in 3 or more catagories, the most points gets "World Champion in Aviation", or something...D.

Comment

It's been discussed to death on several boards. Bottom line is lack of equipment and money, at least for the unlimiteds.
        It would be possible, I think, for some of the other classes to do it. All it would take is a place and a decent purse. A much smaller venue would be possible as the courses would be smaller in the other classes. If you built interest that way, you might get a couple to run unlimiteds eventually as the coverage and money grew, if it did.
        I still don't think you could get more than 2-3 unlimited races a year just because of the logistics of running that class. Sure would be cool tho.
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

unlim are the show ponies of the sport but there are alot of other racing classes that are just as cool and dont get half the glory, f1 hell yeah

Comment

The only thing that ticks me off about RBAR is how they got the "idea" to do it in the first place...

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The subject of more races has been discussed to death several times. We all know it cannot happen without major bucks and suitable venues. Solve those two problems and .

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer View Post

The subject of more races has been discussed to death several times. We all know it cannot happen without major bucks and suitable venues. Solve those two problems and .
                I'll continue the drift off topic with you Jim... I've got a two word answer to more venues... "Demo Racing"..

I've been involved with several and fans and pilots alike have a grand ol' time. It's not the tooth and nail battles we see at Reno but, generally, it's a lot easier on equipment, and people and it's just downright fun!

Demos can be put on pretty much anywhere there is a major air show without violating the show box, again, fans and pilots alike love it, if there were lots more attention given, sponsors would like it.. and on and on..

This is not going to be a good year, or two (hopefully, less than even one) to talk about anybody doing anything that costs them money.. but we can dream!

PS.. if this thread takes off in this direction further, I can split it into a thread aptly titled, say "addititional racing venues" or something of that ilk... Lemme know!
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Inverted View Post
                  I am going to laugh when all the Reno Air Racers have to convert to liking Red Bull.... Cause its the more economical form of racing.

economical  /ˌɛkəˈnɒmɪkəl, ˌikə-/ [ek-uh-nom-i-kuhl, ee-kuh-]
                  –adjective 1. avoiding waste or extravagance; thrifty

huh.

Comment

the CAF in midland was trying to put on a race this year during there airsho in oct. but alot of red tape got in the way so there already trying to put it together for next oct.everyone should try to support the idea cause reno my not always be there, and they are talking about it being an annual event.

Comment

Originally posted by f1-69 View Post
                      the CAF in midland was trying to put on a race this year during there airsho in oct. but alot of red tape got in the way so there already trying to put it together for next oct.everyone should try to support the idea cause reno my not always be there, and they are talking about it being an annual event.
                      very cool

Comment

Actually, we talked about doing it at last year's CAF Airsho as well. Lots of hoops to jump through for a Demo Race.......lots of hoops. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it ain't as easy as everyone seems to think.

Gary
                        Last edited by retroaviation; 05-14-2009, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X