Saturday important happenings and Q's answered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday important happenings and Q's answered

A long report for those of you that weren't there, I sadly can't be there tomorrow so I hope someone will return the favor. (Mostly answering your questions Neal)

T-6 gold heat was great. Six cat started with the lead and held it a few laps with Midnight Miss right above and behind him the whole time. Eventually Buehn got the lead and held off Macy until the end for a pretty close but not phot finish.

F1 gold heat was another good race. Speculation about low flying and DQ for endeavor, didn't look low and I didn't hear any DQ call after the race ended. I also heard that he is slated to start first tomorrow? Not sure about that so I can't really help. But Thom started in 4th and fell back to 8th right off the bat. Took him the whole race to pull back up to 4th place (iirc). The brand new "no strings attached" pulled up one spot from and finished ahead of Knotty girl. Wasabi taking 3rd right behind Scarlet Screamer, wasabi kept gaining and can possibly take 2nd tomorrow.

Unlimited, another awesome race. Strega took bear off the start and voodoo took the high road. Voodoo passed both of them up high on the back straight and held it for a little before Strega took back first and held it til the end. Bear started to gain on voodoo but that could've been Steven letting off the throttle. There will be videos of that race for sure so don't worry about exact facts.

Forgot about the jets. Fast company started out doing well and had a good lead for the first couple laps. Eventually Pete in the vampire caught up and it took him about a lap or two to get around fast company. After he got around Pete was long gone and took the vampire to victory. American spirit was far behind and the Aussie in true blue got around Vicky pushing her back to 5th for tomorrow.

Anyone have anymore questions? Happy to answer
    Last edited by GRNDP51; 09-19-2015, 08:15 PM.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Saturday important happenings and Q's answered

thank you GRNDP51 for the report!!!!!!!!!!!!, damn, wish I was there!
    The Low Pass Kid

Comment

How did Tom Aberle (local Boy) do in the Bi? ..... How close has he come to 300?

Thanks in adv.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim58 View Post
        How did Tom Aberle (local Boy) do in the Bi? ..... How close has he come to 300?

Thanks in adv.
        284 in qual is the closest he has come.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim58 View Post

Thanks in adv.
          Well he set a record at 256 on Friday, and then today he set another at 264!!! That plane is crazy! 300 will come, give it 2 years lol

He qualified at 284 in case you didn't know, that's knocking on the 300 door
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Lap 1. VOS.
            Attached Files
            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Thanks for the report. It seems from tomorrow's pairings that Senegal starts on the pole -- I guess this DQ is one race result only. It's interesting that you did not notice low flying in that race. Ray Cote used to get dinged for low flying periodically -- they'd usually fine him a couple of hundred dollars and let the race results stand. By that standard it would seem DQing two Gold heat competitors would mean they did something really bad. Maybe the powers that be just want to send a message...

I'm still disappointed at how the T-6 class does their pairings. Greg McNeely went faster today than his Dad did, but Dad's in the Gold Race tomorrow and the kid's in the Silver. I really would have liked to see them racing each other. Two good pilots in excellent well matched raceplanes.

There should be some good racing tomorrow.

Neal

Comment

Thank You Both!!

I saw the qual speed the other day and I read he set another today. I guess I was just hopin that he bettered his qual speed in the race. just wishful thinking I guess...

Anyway...Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                  Thanks for the report. It seems from tomorrow's pairings that Senegal starts on the pole -- I guess this DQ is one race result only. It's interesting that you did not notice low flying in that race. Ray Cote used to get dinged for low flying periodically -- they'd usually fine him a couple of hundred dollars and let the race results stand. By that standard it would seem DQing two Gold heat competitors would mean they did something really bad. Maybe the powers that be just want to send a message...

I'm still disappointed at how the T-6 class does their pairings. Greg McNeely went faster today than his Dad did, but Dad's in the Gold Race tomorrow and the kid's in the Silver. I really would have liked to see them racing each other. Two good pilots in excellent well matched raceplanes.

There should be some good racing tomorrow.

Neal
                  Yea I really don't know why Baron's revenge isn't in gold because if you've been watching the stats, he pulled a 241 somehow in that heat race a few days ago. That's 6 mph faster than the gold heat today
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Thank you GRNDP51!! Great report! Many of us really, really appreciate you and everyone that keeps us informed!! Next year I'll be retired and will be able to help you out!! I'll be talking to Button about that time and asking him if he needs another hanger sweeper!!

Race 29
                    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Thanks for the awesome report, GRNDP51!

Comment

Working...
                      X