Warbird Airshows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warbird Airshows

I'm compiling a list of Warbird Airshows for visitation in the future (doesn't have to be limited to continental USA) I know there are several good ones in the UK and some other great ones down under.

Thunder over Michigan
    Planes of Fame
    Oshkosh
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum

Re: Warbird Airshows

Heres a good UK site I have in my aviations folder

UK Airshow Information and Photography. Flightline UK is an online resource for UK and European airshow calendars, news and photography

Comment

Originally posted by Reno Box 77 View Post
      I'm compiling a list of Warbird Airshows for visitation in the future (doesn't have to be limited to continental USA) I know there are several good ones in the UK and some other great ones down under.

Thunder over Michigan
      Planes of Fame
      Oshkosh
      Mid Atlantic Air Museum
      Breckenridge when they have it again was one of my favorites!

And I've heard Geneseo is a good one too.

Doesn't seem like there is much in TX anymore, funny enough I think Breck was one of the larger warbird turnouts and it's the smallest airport. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though, I just haven't seen anything special attend TX warbird shows recently.

I would definitely say Planes of Fame, Oshkosh, and Thunder are the best warbird turnouts in the country though.
      Last edited by GRNDP51; 04-09-2019, 03:15 PM.
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Military Aviation Museum has several shows.
        Warbirds over the beach
        Flying proms
        All american airshow
        Biplanes and brews (previously biplanes an triplanes)
        "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Chino, Breckenridge, the warbird days at Oshkosh, Thunder Over Michigan, Geneseo...all have great shows. But if Flying Legends at Duxford isn't at the top of your list, well...
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
            Chino, Breckenridge, the warbird days at Oshkosh, Thunder Over Michigan, Geneseo...all have great shows. But if Flying Legends at Duxford isn't at the top of your list, well...
            Duxford is easily one of the best. My only hesitancy is since they gather a huge turnout every year, it's generally close to the same show every year. What I like about stuff like Thunder is they can have 8 B-17's one year and 13 Corsairs the next. But Duxford does have a very good showing, and the presentation of the birds in the air and on the ground is unbeatable.
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Come to Arlington, WA for what used to be the EAA show to see. This year's dates 18 to 20 of Aug and the week before OSH.
              In fact there will be a convoy of Warbirds leaving for Osh. Great gathering of military vehicles as well. Cascade Warbirds, Sq of EAA, will also have palace for you and your Warbird.

And stay in the area a visit the 6 features at Paine Field just down the highway.

Comment

Working...
              X