Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRAFT KINGS + RARA = Bet on Air Racing! / Please excuse if this has been suggested...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRAFT KINGS + RARA = Bet on Air Racing! / Please excuse if this has been suggested...

Please excuse if this has been suggested in past / DRAFT KINGS + RARA. I was recently sent this:

BET ON DRONES...
    ...so who not BET ON UNLIMITEDS...all Classes. I have no idea if this has been mentioned. If so please excuse. However, RARA could always use money and 'we' all want the sport saved and DRAFT KINGS must do co-op deals. NV is a legal gambling State, I believe the DRONE RACING LEAGUE is based in FL (Gambling?) as I recall the NYC brains behind it landed the owner of the Miami Dolphins to invest...
    ...so with most everyone interested in RARA being online...why not? This DRONE link proves (forgive me as I assume) DRAFT KINGS does non traditional sports co-op deals.
    I am not the guy to lead this - I am just throwing it out there in hopes someone is close enough with RARA to get an ear and ride this out.
    Why not?
    Passive investment for RARA - might result in new income stream.
    Mitch)
    Last edited by mitchcarley; 01-15-2021, 12:59 PM.

Re: DRAFT KINGS + RARA = Bet on Air Racing! / Please excuse if this has been suggeste

Originally posted by mitchcarley View Post
    Please excuse if this has been suggested in past / DRAFT KINGS + RARA. I was recently sent this:

BET ON DRONES...
    ...so who not BET ON UNLIMITEDS...all Classes. I have no idea if this has been mentioned. If so please excuse. However, RARA could always use money and 'we' all want the sport saved and DRAFT KINGS must do co-op deals. NV is a legal gambling State, I believe the DRONE RACING LEAGUE is based in FL (Gambling?) as I recall the NYC brains behind it landed the owner of the Miami Dolphins to invest...
    ...so with most everyone interested in RARA being online...why not? This DRONE link proves (forgive me as I assume) DRAFT KINGS does non traditional sports co-op deals.
    I am not the guy to lead this - I am just throwing it out there in hopes someone is close enough with RARA to get an ear and ride this out.
    Why not?
    Passive investment for RARA - might result in new income stream.
    Mitch)
    I've always thought this was a great idea, and DKNG is a huge company. We're actually in a pretty good spot where the majority of the classes are competitive enough to nurture betting, examples being Sport/F1/T-6 Gold. How does betting work when there's "almost" a guaranteed winner like Dreadnought the past few years? Seems a little cheesy for "free money", but I guess that's where odds comes into play and it's just a lower payout.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Re: DRAFT KINGS + RARA = Bet on Air Racing! / Please excuse if this has been suggeste

Here's how Nascar fantasy works.

I used to call picks for football with some friends. We'd pick winners and whether they would cover the spread. So there were two points per game.
      I don't know that we could come up with a spread, but it would be easy to build a spreadsheet to calculate points throughout the week.
      It could be as simple is guessing that #1 will finish 4th and if he finishes 4th then you get a point. (potential of 8 points per race)

And you could make it more complicated if you want. Maybe #1 comes in 3rd but you correctly guessed he would finish directly ahead of #2, then you could get partial credit for guessing racers in the correct order.
      "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	cover image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	291.9 KB
ID:	231618

Been working on this with the team intern all summer. Before each race people will fill out a multiple choice form guessing the finish order of the race. We have a (very large) spreadsheet that will award points based on how correct those guesses are. The top scorers get some free swag courtesy of the team, VoS, and RARA.
        "young" Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]25659[/ATTACH]

Been working on this with the team intern all summer. Before each race people will fill out a multiple choice form guessing the finish order of the race. We have a (very large) spreadsheet that will award points based on how correct those guesses are. The top scorers get some free swag courtesy of the team, VoS, and RARA.
          I?m very excited for this, can?t wait to see it Thomas. Hope you guys can take it even further.
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Now that the number of heats is setup I've made a new thread with rules and links and registration forms. You don't need to attend to be eligible so tell your friends. If this is well received this year then I'll definitely work on improving things for next year.

Actually using this as a fundraiser will be hard because it's technically gambling and that's a lot of tax paperwork...But we'll cross that bridge if we come to it
            Last edited by CubersWrist; 08-25-2021, 08:50 AM.
            "young" Thomas

Comment

Working...
            X