Watching Live Stream Good Job RARA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Live Stream Good Job RARA!

My Dish allows me to tune Youtube directly to my TV... I'm currently watching the live stream from Stead... one word...

AWESOME!

I think they are doing a great job! This is is unique for me as when I'm there, I rarely see any of the between races stuff, and generally watch the races from somewhere out on the course.. Frankly, you folks in the stands get a better view of the actual racing from there than the sticks!

For me personally, it is so challenging to get good shots and I feel a duty to do so being one of the few allowed the opportunity to shoot from out there, I mainly concentrate on the next shot and the next and the next, rarely taking time to actually see who's where...

Completely different perspective to be sure!

Lovin' it THANKS RARA!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Watching Live Stream Good Job RARA!

The wind is pretty bad right now; hopefully they can continue the races?

We?ve been making pit stops at the trailer and I will agree, the live stream has been pretty good!
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

The latest that I?ve heard is that the sport golds will run (taxiing now). Every other race, including unlimiteds, has cancelled. The Thunderbirds will close out the day.

Comment

Originally posted by wadeh View Post
        The latest that I?ve heard is that the sport golds will run (taxiing now). Every other race, including unlimiteds, has cancelled. The Thunderbirds will close out the day.
        Sport are going. Pretty strange they went forward without the 2 taildraggers? thought if anyone wasn?t feeling safe they would cancel.
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

And the sports just scratched…

Comment

Yep, they taxied out then decided not to fly. Bummer but I applaud their decision! The wind is real bad today..
            "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
              Sport are going. Pretty strange they went forward without the 2 taildraggers? thought if anyone wasn?t feeling safe they would cancel.
              The plan was to fly the race without the taildraggers due to crosswind. They announced that Relentless wouldn't fly for that reason, which made sense to me. My assumption is that an NXT is a handful to land under good conditions. A bit later, they said that the Thunder Mustang would also sit out.

The rest of the field got all the way out to the runway before they scratched and turned back.

Comment

Chat on streaming is saying Unlimited cancelled....
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by wadeh View Post
                  The plan was to fly the race without the taildraggers due to crosswind. They announced that Relentless wouldn't fly for that reason, which made sense to me. My assumption is that an NXT is a handful to land under good conditions. A bit later, they said that the Thunder Mustang would also sit out.

The rest of the field got all the way out to the runway before they scratched and turned back.
                  Yes, but it seems a little messed up to tell the taildragger guys either race or not and if you don?t we?re going to anyway and you start in the back tomorrow? doesn?t matter now.

My concern is Brent is going to have to fly high and fast around everyone tomorrow and he?ll be DQ?d for high flying like I assume was the case yesterday. Sad.
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                    My concern is Brent is going to have to fly high and fast around everyone tomorrow and he?ll be DQ?d for high flying like I assume was the case yesterday. Sad.
                    I have the same concern (and also for Jeff LaVelle in Sport), since his race today scratched.

As for Miss America, he started as a trailer yesterday and was around the field in less than 2 laps - and I got the distinct feeling that he wasn't pushing it. Another factor is that he now needs to get the race motor to survive one race instead of two, so he might be able to push it harder.

The good news is that the wind is forecast to be less tomorrow and it will be cooler.

There is lots of discussion of how fast the 3 top planes are in Sport, but none of them have yet turned a race lap as fast as Jon Sharp in 2009 (although course changes make the comparison a bit difficult). It would be fun to see Jon's 407 record fall tomorrow if the conditions are right.

Comment

This has been one of the most brutal wind days ever. Absolutely relentless. I?m surprised they ran anything at all. Huge dust clouds ripping across the VOS nearly every race. I?ve been coming here all my life and can?t remember a day of wind quite this bad in decades.
                      You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                        This has been one of the most brutal wind days ever. Absolutely relentless. I?m surprised they ran anything at all. Huge dust clouds ripping across the VOS nearly every race. I?ve been coming here all my life and can?t remember a day of wind quite this bad in decades.
                        Danimal sent me pix of outhouses blown into each other earlier.. I can't remember that happening in the past..

Wind makes for a really crappy day for shooting.. when you're long, it moves you around so much it's almost impossible to shoot at prop blur speeds....
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'm enjoying - and, as an overseas race fan, very grateful for - the livestream but I'm surprising how unpolished it is given we've had it for a few years. And an advisory that Saturday was cut short, rather than just ending the broadcast, would've been welcome!
                          Zac in NZ

Comment

Unfortunately (or fortunately), I have to work this weekend, after being out at Stead all week. So I'm VERY grateful to RARA for the live stream!! Good camera work also! I think it was a good call to stop in the interest of safety! Support the sponsors!!

Race 29
                            Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
                              Unfortunately (or fortunately), I have to work this weekend, after being out at Stead all week. So I'm VERY grateful to RARA for the live stream!! Good camera work also! I think it was a good call to stop in the interest of safety! Support the sponsors!!

Race 29
                              I'm not there so I for sure can't offer on scene report... but... that said, from what I gleaned from being on the live chat, after having an extremely well run and successful early day run, the wind picked up and I gather it wreaked havoc on their wireless setups...

OK... again, was not "THERE" there but I was "there" live on chat with a BUNCH of other people.. RARA was quick to respond to every situation..

As for polished...

After sweating my balls off staying up till 3:00AM on a dialup account in the old press shack (now Sport Class HQ) to scan and upload a few images and write/upload a quick review of the day in 1997 to try to bring the races to the public earlier than waiting for magazines.... or Wide World of Sports...

I can not agree that what was produced today was not polished. The streaming is not job numba one...

Dunno man, I don't mean to jump on ya!!!!! I am guilty of and am frequently accused of beating down people..... I don't mean to, I'm just opinionated and I've been there in the trenches of getting things out that what we have today is simply frickin amazing to me!
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X