Strega vs. Voodoo NCAR 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strega vs. Voodoo NCAR 2017

Bear might win in a RC race, but it can't beat a healthy Vintage V-12 powered race Mustang.

Comment

If they both are healthy it will be interesting. 7 is faster than 5, but Steve has a lot more time in race birds, and on the course. Lets put it this way, if Steve was back in 7, and it's healthy, no way, no how, anyone could beat 7.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
        If they both are healthy it will be interesting. 7 is faster than 5, but Steve has a lot more time in race birds, and on the course. Lets put it this way, if Steve was back in 7, and it's healthy, no way, no how, anyone could beat 7.
        Except Tiger! But then there is only one Strega.

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
          Voodoo has never been at the same level it is now. I think Strega may now need some speed mods to stay with Voodoo.

If Strega is as refined as a Mustang can get, why didn't Steve-O clone Strega's scoop on Voodoo?
          Exactly. A healthy 5 in its new full tilt boogie state has yet to race, let's face it, an old full tilt boogie set up on 7. Not that 7 isn't obviously fast but, 5 is state of the art. A changing of the guard is at hand.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
            Bear might win in a RC race, but it can't beat a healthy Vintage V-12 powered race Mustang.
            Discussions about the "Bear" being able to beat "anything" would have to be pure speculation at this point in the history of the airplane.

With all due respect to the Ezell's, they removed a lot of systems from the Bear that affected the reliability of the airplane. Unfortunately, much of that mysterious, hard to understand stuff they took off fell under the category of "secret $hit" built over decades by some of the greatest minds in the sport, not to enhance reliability, these mods were installed purely because they made a contribution to the magic of that airplane engine combination that created SPEED!

In the old days, the old girl either broke or did really well.

The "Bear" of today, unfortunately is a completely different racer than it once was. Possibly, someday, she'll be as fast as she once was.. For now, she's sure as hell a lot more reliable!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
              Discussions about the "Bear" being able to beat "anything" would have to be pure speculation at this point in the history of the airplane.

With all due respect to the Ezell's, they removed a lot of systems from the Bear that affected the reliability of the airplane. Unfortunately, much of that mysterious, hard to understand stuff they took off fell under the category of "secret $hit" built over decades by some of the greatest minds in the sport, not to enhance reliability, these mods were installed purely because they made a contribution to the magic of that airplane engine combination that created SPEED!

In the old days, the old girl either broke or did really well.

The "Bear" of today, unfortunately is a completely different racer than it once was. Possibly, someday, she'll be as fast as she once was.. For now, she's sure as hell a lot more reliable!
              Right now Bear is pretty fast and reliable. In 2015 she put up a good show on the "reliable engine". All 2015 was supposed to be was a test of reliability. 2016 was supposed to be the year that Ezell combined reliability and speed with some new stuff. (Something about a new blower I remember reading? Stew also said some speed mods were in the works and 2015 was supposed to be a test run of the reliable set up). I'm not counting the Bear out whatsoever. It just needs to actually RACE to prove any points! I hope she's back this year with the planned 2016 engine in her
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Any word from RL on the Bear for 2017?

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                  Right now Bear is pretty fast and reliable. In 2015 she put up a good show on the "reliable engine". All 2015 was supposed to be was a test of reliability. 2016 was supposed to be the year that Ezell combined reliability and speed with some new stuff. (Something about a new blower I remember reading? Stew also said some speed mods were in the works and 2015 was supposed to be a test run of the reliable set up). I'm not counting the Bear out whatsoever. It just needs to actually RACE to prove any points! I hope she's back this year with the planned 2016 engine in her
                  Again, I can not express how much I respect the Ezell's, what they do and what they have done for the Rare Bear. And I mean this from the bottom of my heart! Those guys are responsible for some of the best historic aircraft available today!!! Nor would I doubt that they would do anything other than search out new ways to make more power and make the airplane faster. I only seek to acknowledge "those who have gone before".... probably bad way to state what I'm trying to say...

A lot of people did a lot of things to that airplane over the years that were discarded in her current iteration... I only seek to both honor those who's efforts made her what she was, and those who now have her and will make her what she becomes...

If all of this makes no sense, I'm now old enough, with a dad who didn't remember me when he passed due to the big A, to claim, I'm just an old fart prolly with early "BIGA"...
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Oh Yea...

GO BEAR!!!!!!!!

How cool would it be to see Bear beat a healthy Witch and Voodoo!!!!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Let us not forget that a long time ago the Bear did 428 plus, so she does have potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                        There's no smack to talk. Strega can't hang with Voodoo if power plants are equal. Then there's Steveo. Nobody flies that course better. When was the last time Strega had any speed mods? When was the last time it had the same pilot for more than one year? Those two birds being healthy will end up with 5 > 7.
                        Psssshhhhhht.

When was the last time Steve-o had to pass someone to win?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                          Psssshhhhhht.

When was the last time Steve-o had to pass someone to win?
                          He regularly laps most of the field every year

Comment

Remember in 2015, on Monday morning, we had a healthy Bear, Voodoo and Strega.
                            By Tuesday morning, not so much...
                            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

All bow to the true king at NCAR. A Skip run, Dwight fed, Kerch cranked silver spinner named Dago . Sorry to crash your dream party with a truth bomb. Nobody will ever be faster. . . . . .
                              Last edited by Dago Dog; 02-11-2017, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Don't forget "Skip" flying "Tsunami" was suppose to have turned a lap or two over 500mph.
                                Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X