Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any thoughts of the Virus affecting the 2020 Races ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any thoughts of the Virus affecting the 2020 Races ?

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
    Agree, Wayne. I understand this a novel virus. Got it. But for God sake, influenze infects 30M (yeah, that's 30 flippin million) US citizen annually and kills upwards of 30K by recent CDC numbers. What the #%#$ are we doing, indeed. Shutting down the worlds stongest economy for weeks if not months at a time seems...well...exactly what China wanted in the first place. Not a huge fan of conspiracy theories but you gotta wonder.
    Lets assume for a moment that Covid 19 is a Chinese conspiracy to unleash a virus on the rest of the world, and more specifically the US, in order to obtain world domination. First you will need to make the assumption that they would be willing to lose a certain percentage of their population, which is not that difficult to fathom. To make the virus have the maximum impact against the targeted countries you would have to influence those targeted countries to take measures that would weaken and delay its ability to detect, prepare and respond so that the virus overruns their health care systems before the country can gain control, like for instance eliminating its Pandemic Response Team. Also, since time is of the essence, you get the target country to delay its response, deny that it exists, call it a hoax by the opposing party, say that it will go away on its own, and basically sit on your ass and do nothing while the infection rate doubles every two days.

The US has dealt with viruses in the past but typically it's done aggressively and proactively, not wishing and hoping it will go away. Today, March 26th, we will very likely exceed both Italy and China in the number of infections with the infection rate doubling every 2 days and no sign yet of it slowing down.

We're #1

Daily and weekly updated statistics tracking the number of COVID-19 cases, recovered, and deaths. Historical data with cumulative charts, graphs, and updates.

Comment

If that were the case, they would have included it in a "mass flu vaccination program so they wouldn't have to shut down so much production.

If anything, it should tell any trigger happy leaders with a biological warfare lab that anything released on another country will always make it back home.

They claim 100% of factories are back up and running but the satellite data showing cold factories means they're lying.

Remember that they aren't far removed from Chairman Mao killing or letting 30 million of his citizens die.

That kind of oppression makes for easy locking down.

Comment

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying China contrcuted this virus with the intent of releasing it upon the world as an effort to level-set geopolitical matters.

What I am saying is China is and has been a very bad actor on the world stage and essentially has remained unscarred. That should no longer be that case on several fronts.

China knew about this virus since at least late November. They took proactive steps to not only suppress it's own internal repsonse, but to restict the disclosure of the illness to the rest of world, included WHO (likely because the WHO Director was for all intents and purposes hand picked by China). Remember, the WHO said for weeks that the virus cannot be transmitted from human to human. Nothing to see here...move on.

Fast forward to the US. First the "hoax" issue has been long since debunked, even by...wait for it...Washington Post and the rest of the MSM. Second, as late as March 8 and March 11, (6-7 weeks after all travel from certain regions of China had been shut down by the US...to calls of xenophobia my many), NYC Mayor and NCY Health Director were still saying if you don't feel sick, go about your business, go to concerts, etc...don't change your day to day. Same day, the NBA cancelled is entire season and many other major events were pulling the plug. Nice done, New York. Is it any wonder its now the epicenter for the US? Not exactly a shining example of leadership.

Was the CDC and the rest of our healthcare system ready for this? No, and the CDC has said so. Could the US have taken even more drastic measures sooner...sure. But to say the US did nothing on a federal level is flat out wrong. That said, despite the odds, US death rate is at 1.5% while the world death rate is at 4.4%. That should tell you a lot about the US healtcare system and it's ability to adapt and respond. Don't think so, find another one on the planet you'd rather be subject to.

And while we're on the subject, I'm left to wonder why the recently negotiated Stimulus Package contained billions for Kennedy Center for the Arts, NPR, Naitonal Endowments for the Arts, Refugee Assistance, Elections Assistance, etc. Really? Yeah, that'll really help those direclty affected by the Wuhan Virus.

Plenty of blame to go around. And no, I did not vote for the president nor HRC. Consider my vote worthy of more than voting for a serial liar or an ego maniac...I'll leave it to you to determine who is who.

We'll get throught this. We always have and always will...as long as we keep rowing in the same direction.
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Question:

Will you attend if:

No airshow but a full air race schedule

A limited airshow schedule and a full air race schedule

A full airshow schedule and a full race schedule

A full airshow schedule and a limited air race schedule

These are uncharted waters for the entire airshow industry. We all have an opportunity to have a voice.

Given that my family and I live in the Seattle area, I don't think we'd come just for an airshow. That might depend upon what the airlines do re. ticket refunds. We definitely would come for a full race air race schedule. If there was a limited airshow, even better.

Comment

My "conspiracy theory" imagination runs more toward a measured reaction to a natural occurrence of a virus aimed at creating panic.

Pretty much what we first saw here on the news was a mass reaction with hazmat suited people spraying everything. That was the visual. Then the infection rate and death toll, the panic began.

For sure, I'm not saying this thing is not a huge problem, we, as a civilization need to ensure we don't throw out the baby with the bathwater in our reaction to it.

Which, as of right now, as I look at the empty streets in my tourist economy town, no vacancy signs on shut down motels, closed camp grounds. Some owner operated local tourist fed grub'n'pub places are able to stay open serving take out.. they are not doing well and will not hold out long.

This thing is going to kill a lot of people, but if we're not careful, it's going to kill our country's very robust but delicate economy. We could wind up hard pressed to pay off the debt we're going to gain with the bailout!

Personally, unless we're sure it would kill them forever, I'd rather see the races stand down now and save the money and plan for a rebirth next year. Even the Olympics have basically cancelled.

Is this the way we want to go into this decade?

Crap, I'd actually volunteer to get infected, take my chances, just to prove an old guy with COPD and the rest can survive.. Open up the economy! I'm willing to take my chances on my health to save our economy!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

And while we're on the subject, I'm left to wonder why the recently negotiated Stimulus Package contained billions for Kennedy Center for the Arts, NPR, Naitonal Endowments for the Arts, Refugee Assistance, Elections Assistance, etc. Really? Yeah, that'll really help those direclty affected by the Wuhan Virus.
              To clarify my earlier statement........
              If china were to release a bio weapon, they would have inoculated their citizens.......the ones they want unaffected.
              They way you do this is by including the strain hidden within in a mass vaccination for the Flu.

As far as the bill.............
              I would assume a few in congress added some riders to the bill in an attempt to sink it.

When they do that, they usually add a "lead balloon" that aligns with their wants...........in case it actually get's passed.

Been happening for decades.

Comment

I kind of bailed on my thought process mid-sentence, something I seem to do more and more the older I get lol!

I said in my last post:
                Personally, unless we're sure it would kill them forever, I'd rather see the races stand down now and save the money and plan for a rebirth next year. Even the Olympics have basically cancelled.
                I need to qualify that statement. It would be IF we don't regain mobility in our economy VERY soon, IF it looks like the panic is going to extend into summer, regardless the outcome, people are going to cancel their travel plans and attendance will plummet..

CRAP!

I can not believe I'm having to write this!
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                  I kind of bailed on my thought process mid-sentence, something I seem to do more and more the older I get lol!

I said in my last post:

I need to qualify that statement. It would be IF we don't regain mobility in our economy VERY soon, IF it looks like the panic is going to extend into summer, regardless the outcome, people are going to cancel their travel plans and attendance will plummet..

CRAP!

I can not believe I'm having to write this!
                  I don’t necessarily think that the economy needs to recover within the next few weeks or Reno’s attendance is screwed. I’m not sure how true it is, but I remember reading that Reno’s attendee base is a little wealthier than most similar venues (if you’ve been to a free military airshow or a cheap private airshow, there’s a very obvious attendee difference. I would wager a large amount of the people who attend will be relatively unaffected by the economic effects of the virus. I would also wager that with all of the airshows being canceled now into July, Reno might be a show that airshow fans will finally attend since they saved their money not attending other shows and are aching to go to one. Reno might have a really good opportunity to capitalize this year. It may sound crazy that people do really ache for airshows, but on the book of face and other forums I’ve seen discussions of people adding more shows to their summer-fall schedule just to make up for what we lost in the spring.
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by IcePaq View Post
                    To clarify my earlier statement........
                    If china were to release a bio weapon, they would have inoculated their citizens.......the ones they want unaffected.
                    They way you do this is by including the strain hidden within in a mass vaccination for the Flu.

As far as the bill.............
                    I would assume a few in congress added some riders to the bill in an attempt to sink it.

When they do that, they usually add a "lead balloon" that aligns with their wants...........in case it actually get's passed.

Been happening for decades.
                    If one believed China has the same regard for human life as Western civiliztion, I'd agree. But they don't...and the Chinese culture (and the CCP) has shown that to be the case for millenia. While it's impossible to know actual numbers, generally accepted numbers estimate over 5MM Chinese citizens have been killed since the late 1890's due to internal government suppression, riot, rebellion, etc. Those numbers don't include WWII and it's related Sino-Japanese war. Not a calculation that provides much comfort in China's regard for humanity. Again, it's much more about the CCP's coverup and their proven track record of blatant disregard for the general welfare (both their citizens and the rest of us on this rock) that they must be called out for. The financial cost of their suppression, cover-up and lack of international participation has cost thousands of lives and trillions of dollars. That's a bill that should be paid solely and exclusively by China.

Any representative that would intentionally attach riders or amendment to sink this bill should be ridden out of town on a rail...regardless of party. One cannot bloviate against how the administration is handling this situation and yet turn around and sabatoge a legit effort to provide relief. But then they're politician...just a more pleasent word for hypocrite.

As for "been happending for decades", that's an excuse that is unacceptable. Racism, Redlining, and many other realities of society have "been happening for decades" but that doens't make them right.

All that said, I'll take this form of government over any other on the planet...not even a close second. Nobody wants to watch the saugage being made but in the end, I for one, am happy to have it.
                    Owen Ashurst

Comment

Back at it in Wuhan again.

This is absolutely disgusting.

Terrified dogs and cats crammed into rusty cages. Bats and scorpions offered for sale as traditional medicine. Markets in China are operating as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                        Back at it in Wuhan again.

This is absolutely disgusting.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ling-bats.html
                        I'm gonna go out on limb here, at the risk offending Wayne and perhaps others with a certain understanding, belief, or compassion. Frankly, couldn't care less...it must be said and I'm gonna say it. Come what may...

Basically, FU** China. Any society that regards boiling dogs alive, spewing pollution by the metric tons, and eating bats in an open sewer market is not human. The Chinese culture has LONG been a disgusting sub-human existence. Why in the hell does the civilized western society bow down to these disgusting, pathetic, abhorent, Neandertholistic dirt bags?

This so-called society had killed millions of its own citizens for decades...neh, millenia, as well as pushing out billions of tons of worthless crap on the open market at slave labor prices and substandard regulations. WTF is WRONG with you, America?

And yet, our corporate and government greaseballs bow down to the dung out of Beijing. Why? $$$$$$. Pure and simple.

#FChina. Let Them Eat Bats...
                        Last edited by Air Boss; 03-29-2020, 06:17 PM.
                        Owen Ashurst

Comment

EAA Oshkosh 2020

Looking ahead and planning.

For those of you looking ahead to EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2020 this summer and wondering about its status given the current pandemic, we thought the following announcement from EAA CEO and Chairman of the Board Jack J. Pelton might be useful...

Comment

I'm gonna go out on limb here, at the risk offending Wayne and perhaps others with a certain understanding, belief, or compassion. Frankly, couldn't care less...it must be said and I'm gonna say it. Come what may...

Basically, FU** China. Any society that regards boiling dogs alive, spewing pollution by the metric tons, and eating bats in an open sewer market is not human. The Chinese culture has LONG been a disgusting sub-human existence. Why in the hell does the civilized western society bow down to these disgusting, pathetic, abhorent, Neandertholistic dirt bags?

This so-called society had killed millions of its own citizens for decades...neh, millenia, as well as pushing out billions of tons of worthless crap on the open market at slave labor prices and substandard regulations. WTF is WRONG with you, America?

And yet, our corporate and government greaseballs bow down to the dung out of Beijing. Why? $$$$$$. Pure and simple.

#FChina. Let Them Eat Bats...
                            AMEN, F china

Comment

China owns 1.1 Trillon Dollars worth of US Treasury Notes which aren't a loan but if they were to dump them it may screw up our Treasury?
                              Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                                China owns 1.1 Trillon Dollars worth of US Treasury Notes which aren't a loan but if they were to dump them it may screw up our Treasury?
                                We're already running $23T deficit. What's another $1T? Seriously, time to tell China the gig is up. We'll buy back the debt and bring the supply chain and manufacturing back to US. Remember, USMCA? Between USMCA and our western Europe folks, we could, neh MUST, form a uber powerful alliance that woudl flippin' crush Beijing.

Nothing would make me happier than watch that third world, third rate, third class pit of a government get obliterated...without firing a shot. Just as we did to USSR.

Problem solved...
                                Owen Ashurst

Comment

Working...
                                X